PayPal claim - seller didn't respond

T Doll

May 22, 2008
I've filed a claim for an Ebay item that I never received. PayPal stated that the seller had until yesterday (Dec. 15) to respond to the claim. The seller never responded, and the status on the claim always remained at "awaiting seller's response". It was to my understanding, that PayPal would automatically close the case if there was no response from the seller after the deadline. It is now past the deadline, but the case hasn't been closed yet.

The status still shows as "awaiting seller's response". How long does it normally take for them to close the case and issue a refund? I've been way too patient with this seller (giving them the benefit of the doubt), but now my patience has worn out and I just want my money back asap.

hmmm--when did you win the item? I noticed you're in Ontario, so there could be epic delays with trying to ship items there (and if you're in metro Toronto, it may be even worse, especially if the seller was dumb enough to use Priority shipping). Did the seller ever give any indication that they shipped the item? If so, you may still get it in a month or two...