Paypal available and pending balance

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies!
    I wonder if you can help me!
    I sell on ebay for the past years, and when I was receiving a payment, the money was always immediately available in my paypal balance so I could withdraw them.
    Now I have sold two items (in UK and Mexico). The payments are complete, but the money is not available. It says available balance 0 and total balance: the money I received for the two bags. Why does paypal hold my funds since I am not a new seller? Do I have to ship the bags? Both are ok to ship.

Thanks!!

2. Here are some common reasons we may hold payments in a pending balance:

• You have limited history or selling activity.
    • You have low Detailed Seller Ratings, negative Feedback, or other indication of below-standard performance on eBay.
    • You have a high rate of customer refunds, disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
    • You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or mobile phones.
    • Your business or selling activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity, your average selling price changes, or you started selling in a new category.
    • The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or we're uncertain about the information you've provided.
    • Your withdrawal activity has changed.
    Do any of these apply?

3. Thank you!

None of these reasons apply, except maybe from the one I have put in bold? I don't know! I think I will call paypal tomorrow morning!

4. When was the last time you sold an item before these two items? If there is a gap of a few months in your selling history, Paypal tends to reinstate the 21 day hold on funds, even if you're an experienced seller. :smile:

5. Paypal does that too me my first few items they held funds for a couple of weeks, I would suggest calling as long as the items have been delivered and seller has left positive feedback you should be good and they can release immediately. in Feb I sold a bag for $1500, the funds were actually released before the proceeds from a wallet sale posted for $65!! i was told its really just a matter of adding tracking# to paypal, and the buyers feedback left for you. But call paypal and if everything is done-tracking# in paypal, item shows as delivered, buyer left positive feedback-then they can release-good luck