Paypal address changes and moving???

sweetneet

over the moon
Aug 8, 2007
the situation: i am moving out of my apartment on the 26th. i am moving out of state to a new house that has a closing date on 29th. so the earliest i could accept packages at my new place is the 30th (saturday). so for about 4 days i'm in "limbo" without an address (during that time i will be driving to my new house and then staying at hotel in my new city).

the problem: there is a bag on ebay i want to bid on that ends tonight. auction says payment is req'd within 24 hrs of auction end. i have not yet changed the address on my cc's or on ebay or paypal yet.

my question: if i end up winning the bag, do i just pay right away and then ask the seller to hold off shipping for about a week until i arrive in my new place, and give them my new address to ship to?? will that look odd?(as a seller i understand the reason to be wary of buyers asking you to ship to a different address).

another question: if pay with Paypal right after the auction ends (with address confirmed as my *current* address) and then i CHANGE the address in paypal afterwards to my *new* address (and that gets confirmed by Paypal), does that "invalidate" the seller's protection on my payment, if she sends it to my new address (because when i made the payment, the address was different)?? (sorry if this is confusing..hope you understand what i am trying to say...)

the thing is, i don't want to change my address w/ my bank & Paypal right now because last time i changed my address in Paypal it took 3 friggin' days to go through, because BofA's website is lame-o and couldn't automatically process Paypal's request.

btw: the seller is on the opposite coast of me, so even if i won the bag, paid for it immediately and she fedex'ed it right away to my current address, it still would not arrive by the time I leave so that is not an option.

(thanks everyone for reading!). :flowers:

I have done this during a move before! Ask seller to hold bag for you after you have paid, then once you can make sure bank, ebay, and paypal address has been updated. Then have seller ship to you! You will probably have to wait a bit for the bag, but if its a bag you really want then it should be good!!

Carrie

thanks for the advice everyone!! :ty: i will do that.. if i win it, i'll pay right away and ask the seller to hold the bag until i can get my address with the bank, CC, Paypal, ebay changed & confirmed.