Paypal account access limited

ILoveMyBug

Oooh sparkly!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
after "issues including access by a third party" :sweatdrop:

But that's all I get to know? No money has gone but should I be checking my credit card statements etc??

This is a real warning too as there was no link from the e-mail, I had to go to the paypal site to submit information.

Are you sure that the email was from the Paypal company, not some scammer? Do you have any info about this situation when you log into your PP account? That's weird.

I had a similar thing happen.

Mine was because the cc on the account expired. (used for back up payment)

I only found out because a seller informed me, I had sent an e-cheque. And it was saying about 10 days for clearance.

I put the new expiry date in. Then I paid the items again directly, but, I couldn't cancel the e-cheques. So, I had to wait for the sellers to refund once they cleared.

What a performance that was.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

This was the actual e-mail, as you'll see it's link free. I went to the site and the same thing popped up when I signed in:

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account.

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorised third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

Reference Number:

For your protection, we have temporarily limited access to your account. We will review this access once you have completed all the steps we have requested. You can view these steps in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution Centre. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal by visiting the Help Centre and clicking 'Contact Us'.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologise again for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

The same thing is happening to me.

I got the same email. And now my account is frozen until I complete the 3 "steps", which is very annoying. I've made multiple payments in the past few days before this happened, and now none of them have gone through due to this freeze, and people are angry with me about not recieving their payments.

One of the steps is that you have to recieve a phonecall from PayPal, and you can only do it on a landline. But we only have cellphones because we have cable internet. So I have to physically mail something to them and now wait.

SO annoying.

I do appreciate that they are trying to make sure my account is safe, but it concerns me that so many people have flags like this recently on their accounts due to PayPal being concerned that our accounts were hacked. I'd rather the site just be safe so that I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff and then in turn be hassled like this.

Agh! This happened to me recently but I never received an email. I found out when I went to pay for an item. Thankfully the seller was understanding and my account only took a few days to reinstate. Paypal wouldn't give me any information about why the account was restricted. I had to do the three requirements bollocks as well.

OK, am I being really stupid? I'm trying to get them to phone me to confirm the last stage but when I fill in the phone number and address form I get an error message which says:

This address has already been Location Confirmed. You can only complete Location Confirmation on a phone number and address that are not already Confirmed.

What the hell do I do? :confused1: :sweatdrop:

Location confirmed, what the heck does that mean? Ugh, the pitfalls of PayPal.

I transferred money to my checking account this morning from my PP account for 2 ebays sales. I am dreading an email from them reversing it.

They have done that to me twice and wont reverse it until I give them tracking information. Plus the usual 3 requirements.

yuck.