payment method.

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
So i just sold a pair of shoes on ebay.
listed method is paypal.. you know at the bottom where it shows paypal and echeck/visa/mc/ at the bottom right.

well the auction ended saturday, i sent an invoice and today i get an email.

Hi, I won the XXXXXXX high heels. $ 17.99. I will be paying by international money order. Please email info and I will send payment ASAP.

Please ship shoes to:
XXXXX

I did send an email this morning before thinking about it and started please ensure the money order is cashable in canada, your item *will not* be sent out until your money order clears my bank. This could take 10-14 business days.

Now what, i've never had this happen.
I did go into my current auction and add.. no local pickup, no checks or money orders only paypal.

but that isnt going to help me now... :tdown:

I have taken many international money orders, they have always been in dollars and cleared immediately.
I honestly wouldn't worry. I'd rather receive a mo than paypal any day of the week!

if i understand the concept of an IMO right, they are paid for in cash, so the buyer has already paid for it. but there might be fees to get it cashed so you should ask your bank beforehand.

I have taken them in the past and they took a week or so to clear. no biggie.
At least the amount on yours isn't huge. I too would rather take an Intl MO than PayPal now.