Paying using Western Union on Fashiva.com

airina666

Meh
O.G.
Mar 3, 2009
Hello Chanel ladies!

I am keen on purchasing a Chanel from Fashiva.com but they only take bank transfer and Western Union (WU) for international order (I'm in Australia). We all know neither of them are 'safe' nor 'secured'. Honestly I am not confident with paying using WU. :nogood: :-s

I have emailed Fashiva and asked if they could take my Amex & I haven't heard back.

Was wondering if anyone here (outside US) have purchased from Fashiva and paid using bank transfer or WU? Appreciate if you could share your experience with me. :help:

Many thanks! :ty:

Hi,

I think you might have more luck posting/searching in either the General Shopping forum or the eBay forum. I know it's "ebay forum" but there are a lot information in regards to other online shopping sites.

Plus a lot of those tpf-ers over there specialize in online shopping... it's like CSI-tpf. :P

But as for me.. I am not familiar with that site but like you've mentioned, neither one is an option for me... W.U. & wire transfers both make me feel so insecure..it's like your $ goes into this black hole and who knows where it would end up. I have done wire transfers when it's between someone I personally know, and even then I felt insecure about it...

Good luck OP!

I totally agree with Sixela. I have no experience with that site, but I would not pay with Western Union. Should anything go wrong, you will not have any recourse in getting your money back. I would pay only via PayPal with a credit card.

I wouldn't buy from this company anyway. Check out their fees:

Returned items must be postmarked within 5 days of receiving your issued RMA#, for a refund on your purchase price minus shipping & handling and a 10% restocking fee of the original purchase price.

That website was established through Domains by Proxy - in December of 2010, open for business in January.

Why would a legitimate business want to HIDE who owns them? That's not a good sign. It's a pretty good indication you'd be getting a counterfeit item, if you get anything at all.

With Western Union you cannot trace who picked up the money or where. You have no way of getting your money back.

So you're risking your money and hoping you get something, and that the something might be authentic.

Any legitimate business will have valid contact information, tell you who the owners are, what their previous experience is, how to reach them in case of a problem and accept non risky payment methods like credit cards, Pay Pal or Google Wallet, at a minimum.

They state on their website that they are an authorize.net merchant (accepting credit cards) but when you contact authorize.net to confirm this they say they are NOT authorize.net approved.

So it's bait and switch - they make it seem like they take credit cards, but they dont!

And the address they have listed for returns is a PO Box.

I've purchased a few bags from them before...but they were AuthenticBagsForLess.com. So they've been in business for longer than that time. Maybe they changed their domain in December? If you go to Authenticbagsforless.com you are forwarded to Fashiva.com. The bags were the same as the photos and were authentic and brand new.

I live in the US, so I paid with a credit card. I've purchased from Fashionphile.com (great experience too!) and was curious about their payment policy on international orders and it looks like they do bank transfers and western union for overseas orders, too. I paid with a credit card for my purchase there as well. I think it's more of an issue with no recourse if a US merchant sells to an overseas buyer because they have no recourse if they file a claim. I sell on ebay and I only ship in the US because of a bad experience with a buyer who was outside of the US. I assume with the way the economy is most businesses that sell expensive merchandise are weary of people outside of their country. I don't mean for that to sound offensive, but I think a lot of companies are that way.

I was very satisfied with my purchase. My order was shipped right away and I really couldn't have been happier. You should search threads and see what you can find. That's just my experience and two cents.

That website was established through Domains by Proxy - in December of 2010, open for business in January.

Why would a legitimate business want to HIDE who owns them? That's not a good sign. It's a pretty good indication you'd be getting a counterfeit item, if you get anything at all.

With Western Union you cannot trace who picked up the money or where. You have no way of getting your money back.

So you're risking your money and hoping you get something, and that the something might be authentic.

Any legitimate business will have valid contact information, tell you who the owners are, what their previous experience is, how to reach them in case of a problem and accept non risky payment methods like credit cards, Pay Pal or Google Wallet, at a minimum.