Paying for plastic surgery to krw

Cakesss

Apr 26, 2020
So I will be going to korea eventually for plastic surgery to do facial contour, rhinoplasty and breast augmentation at one clinic. I’m from u.s. so I would have dollar bills. But I was wondering how is carrying cash through the airport and tsa.? Has anyone brought like up to 9.5k cash through airport without being questioned or is it better to just pay by card even though the clinic say it will be a more expensive with the vat 10%

Pay cash & have the credit card as backup. The problem with credit cards is that they often get declined even though your credit is good & it takes time before the bank clears your card. I saw this happen to a girl & the clinic kept her passport. Her mom had to send her cash via western union to settle her bill. As for carrying cash just take $100 bills, stash in 2 different envelopes in your handbag. Also with cash you get good xchange rates when changing to krw.

So I will be going to korea eventually for plastic surgery to do facial contour, rhinoplasty and breast augmentation at one clinic. I’m from u.s. so I would have dollar bills. But I was wondering how is carrying cash through the airport and tsa.? Has anyone brought like up to 9.5k cash through airport without being questioned or is it better to just pay by card even though the clinic say it will be a more expensive with the vat 10%
If I recall correctly, the maximum you can carry in without having to declare is 10k USD. If more than that you'll have to declare, time-consuming but not a problem. You cannot carry out (when you leave) more than you bring in.
I brought less than 10k and 2 credit cards just in case.

I was wondering the same question as well

If I recall correctly, the maximum you can carry in without having to declare is 10k USD. If more than that you'll have to declare, time-consuming but not a problem. You cannot carry out (when you leave) more than you bring in.
I brought less than 10k and 2 credit cards just in case.
that's right, under 10,000usd is right, just did some check up ^^