Paying for handbags

Feb 11, 2006
How do you ladies do it? They're so expensive! Do you buy with a credit card and pay it off little by little or will you only buy it if you can pay it off right away?

Personally, I don't like to order online or use my credit card at all. I want the Marc Jacobs Ursula Elise bag and I'm going to buy it tomorrow. Do you think it's strange to pay for an expensive bag in cash? I just don't imagine that many people go in to buy something that's $1000+ without saying "charge it to my card." :huh:

I charge it to my Amex for extra insurance and protection. If you have money, great, pay the debt off when you get the statement.

For me to pay something in cash, I better be getting a deal. Normally credit cards charge x% from vendors.

Good Luck.

Nope. It's not strange to pay cash for an expensive bag. For me, it's cash all the way but that's because I don't like credit card debt. But to each his own. If you need to charge it, that's fine too!

I always pay cash and it's not strange at all. If I'm eyeing a bag I usually save until I have that amount to purchase it. I don't have a CC for now, I can't use it until I get a job.

save. save. save. save. penny pinch if you have to. i always set money aside for my expensive habits. i usually buy cash but i'll use the mastercard when i order online.

I Pay by credit card and pay off the bill at the end of each cycle. Some credit cards offer 1% or 2% cash back on purchases. Other cards offer other perks. Why pay cash when I can eventually get cash back or some other form of benefit?

There is also insurance on credit card purchases.

If you need to return the item for any reason, it's easier to get credit back. Cash returns - they may make you wait for the check to be mailed back to you.

I usually charge it on my c/c and pay it off the end of the month. It'll bothers me if I know I'm paying interest on my bag because that means I'm paying more for my bags then.

my parents pay my bills right now, as i am still in high school, and they prefer that i not work until i'm finished with grad school (probably med school). so it's credit cards all the way for me right now. but paying in cash does make sense...

I'm 21 and have a steady job. I use my credit cards for ALL purchases. I especially love my Providian for the yearly rebates and my AMEX card. I pay off purchases in full every month, I feel as if I am saving money by using my credit cards.

As long as you pay the balance in full each month, there's no problem. Plus, your credit rating will increase and that's not a bad thing.:biggrin:

For me, it's always cash because I'm only 18 (just got my first junk-mail credit card offer 2 days ago:P what a milestone!:P ) and I'm using whatever money I've saved up.
Also, credit cards kind of scare me. They're the devil's plastic sometimes:P .