paying by money order

pebblesbb

*in la-la-land*
May 1, 2009
I have contacted an e-bay seller on a bag I would like to buy (been looking FOREVER for this bag), and she indicated that she doesn't ship to Canada due to customs issues in the past. I then asked if she can ship it to my cousin's place in California and she indicated that she can only ship to confirmed ppal addresses (so my cousin would have to pay from her account)...or I can pay by money order and she'll ship it anywhere. I would ask my cousin to pay from her account but it is a high amount (over $1000) and I don't want to put her on the spot like that. Any ideas anyone?? I'm aware that ppal protects the buyer so I'll lose that protection if I pay by mo...but how risky would it be to pay by mo?

If you pay by MO, you would have no protection or recourse if item was not received, fake, or not as described. This is not something I personally would ever do.

The no protection is a risky factor when paying by money order...
i just worry about the safety of it. If you do decide to do it, always use USPS Money orders. SUpposeduly, they are the safest. :smile:

I've always just been weary of sellers who DON'T accept paypal, only money order. (because there is no recourse, or protection) but since this seller DOES accept paypal, you should be fine. She'll probably only send the bag (I think that's what it was?) to your cousin's if you pay MO because if she does that with a paypal payment, she'd lose her seller protection. She's actually a smart seller. :P

But only do it if YOU feel comfortable doing it.

If I am the seller, I would say the same thing. PayPal requires to ship pricey items to confirmed addresses. If this seller is a very reputable seller, and you have to have this bag but need to send it to a different address, MO will be one of the options. But just be aware you will have no protection, like everyone else said above.