Paying A LOT for craftmanship...

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
'Cause the materials can't be all that costly:

statueofliberty1ss9.jpg

Willard Wigan (50) has recently made a 'small' fortune making miniature sculptures each one less than the size of a pinhead. The 70 pieces were recently sold and insured for £11.2 million. Today Willard tells us why he makes them, how he makes them and has brought his favourite pieces to show us.

henryviii1bx3.jpg

Willard says:"I sold them on the condition that they can still be shown to the public, I am happy with what he paid me for them but I can't tell you the exact amount! When the pieces were sold, I felt so privileged, it made me realise how much people appreciate my work. I've been working a long time on them and all the hard work has paid off. You can't see my works without a microscope but it's great to see people reaction when they look down the lens - they can't believe what they're seeing!"

Read the entire articlehere.

Also visit his website:
http://www.willard-wigan.com/

Wow!!! I make you a bet this guy is crosseyed after doing them

lol :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

amazing and cool.

I wonder what about those scientists who draw a picasso using nanotechnology...maybe they can use it for art and make money too...but then you need some super microscope to see it and no one has it...lol

I've seen those in person, and they're soooo cool! (Obviously with a microscope lol). There was a sort of exhibition/sale of them near me a while ago. I remember reading an article on them too and the guy almost had to stop breathing every time he adjusts them.

How he has the patience to do something like that is beyond me. I can feel myself getting worked up just thinking about it.