Pave for everyday?

alyxis

Nov 30, 2008
Ladies,

I'm having a dilemma, and I could really use some advice. I've been looking for an everyday necklace in yellow gold for a little over a year now, and I recently stumbled on VCA. The alhambra design really appealed to me, so I went to the store and bought a vintage VCA pendant, MOP YG. I liked it in the store, but when I got home I felt like the MOP washed me out. Also, I the more I thought about it, the more concerned I became over the durability of the piece; I don't baby my jewelry.

I went back to the store to see if they had something else I might like better. They recently got in a shipment of pave pendants. I tried one on and felt like it washed me out much less while still giving the general feel of a non-solid gold necklace. However, when I got home with it I started to wonder if it wasn't too much for everyday. I don't usually buy diamonds, and frankly I wasn't expecting the pendant to be as sparkly as it is.

I work in a conservative environment, and I'm not sure if this pendant could be considered over the top. Do you think the pave pendant is too much for an everyday piece? I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, but hopefully they will be helpful?

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-01-13 at 13.01.jpg
    Photo on 2013-01-13 at 13.01.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 509
  • Photo on 2013-01-19 at 16.07.jpg
    Photo on 2013-01-19 at 16.07.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 504
If you're having such second thoughts that you need convincing its not for you. I don't think it's that over the top but if you're not comfortable and excited about it and you don't sound to be then you won't be ever and that's a lot of money to spend on something you're so unsure about!

There's an old adage that has served me well-"if in doubt don't". Though I think both pendants are gorgeous, you have to love the one you decide upon!
So perhaps neither one of these is for you right now.

I agree with beachy, as long as you're not jeweled all everywhere else the pave is a gorgeous everyday pendant! if your work environment is conservative just wear a ring and it'll look amazing:biggrin: