Pave for everyday?

alyxis

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
Ladies,

I'm having a dilemma, and I could really use some advice. I've been looking for an everyday necklace in yellow gold for a little over a year now, and I recently stumbled on VCA. The alhambra design really appealed to me, so I went to the store and bought a vintage VCA pendant, MOP YG. I liked it in the store, but when I got home I felt like the MOP washed me out. Also, I the more I thought about it, the more concerned I became over the durability of the piece; I don't baby my jewelry.

I went back to the store to see if they had something else I might like better. They recently got in a shipment of pave pendants. I tried one on and felt like it washed me out much less while still giving the general feel of a non-solid gold necklace. However, when I got home with it I started to wonder if it wasn't too much for everyday. I don't usually buy diamonds, and frankly I wasn't expecting the pendant to be as sparkly as it is.

I work in a conservative environment, and I'm not sure if this pendant could be considered over the top. Do you think the pave pendant is too much for an everyday piece? I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, but hopefully they will be helpful?

Attachments

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
If you're having such second thoughts that you need convincing its not for you. I don't think it's that over the top but if you're not comfortable and excited about it and you don't sound to be then you won't be ever and that's a lot of money to spend on something you're so unsure about!

poodlicious

Sep 7, 2011
In the land of "H"
There's an old adage that has served me well-"if in doubt don't". Though I think both pendants are gorgeous, you have to love the one you decide upon!
So perhaps neither one of these is for you right now.

Oct 6, 2007
Shopping for Sparkle
I agree with beachy, as long as you're not jeweled all everywhere else the pave is a gorgeous everyday pendant! if your work environment is conservative just wear a ring and it'll look amazing:biggrin:

Oct 13, 2008
I really don't feel this is over the top at all.
The pave single motif is very pretty.
A ten motif would be a bit much but not the single IMO.