Paula's Ibiza

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
mostly at work
So I was interested in the basket bag for longer already as I thought it is supercute, especially seeing a Youtube video about the Spirited away version some time ago, but hesitated as many others here because of it being a basket bag. But, it was always resting in the back of my head. Now as I have seen the gorgeous rosemary color AND there was something cacti involved, I had to go see it in person!

AFBEA6C6-EEC0-43F1-9947-8C62593EFD81.jpeg

Last edited:

Joke

O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
So I was interested in the basket bag for longer already as I thought it is supercutes, especially seeing a Youtube video about the Spirited away version some time ago, but hesitated as many here because of it being a basket bag. But, it was always resting in the back of my head. Now as I have seen the gorgeous sage color AND there was something cacti involved, I had to go see it in person!

View attachment 5400225
Love IT

Reactions: fettfleck

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
mostly at work
Here is the overpriced cactus pouch - but I love it! Especially with the basket! It even has an own bag sleeper even it being just that with a print… :oh:

The basket also looks fabulous with the bag sleeper inside it! I LOVE the green leather so much!

Each basket really looked different (they had three at the shop). One was more orangy, one very heterogeneous, this one more bright. I liked the more orangy one, but this one was a bit higher and I guess it will change its color a bit with use anyway…

I also tried the medium - great size, but this one looks way cuter and still fits more than it looks like. I liked it both on my size (5“2‘). The medium was not overwhelming. But cuteness won.

13752465-06CE-47CA-B829-8DFD2CAD648B.jpeg

F4B36D57-C230-4878-BFC4-81839D6D5D83.jpeg

Last edited:

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
The Purse Forum
Here is the overpriced cactus pouch - but I love it! Especially with the basket! It even has an own bag sleeper even it being just that with a print… :oh:

The basket also looks fabulous with the bag sleeper inside it! I LOVE the green leather so much!

Each basket really looked different (they had three at the shop). One was more orangy, one very heterogeneous, this one more bright. I liked the more orangy one, but this one was a bit higher and I guess it will change its color a bit with use anyway…

I also tried the medium - great size, but this one looks way cuter and still fits more than it looks like. I liked it both on my size (5“2‘). The medium was not overwhelming. But cuteness won.

View attachment 5400226

View attachment 5400228
FANTASTIC choices! They look great on you!

Reactions: fettfleck
Jun 6, 2009
Los Angeles County
So I was interested in the basket bag for longer already as I thought it is supercute, especially seeing a Youtube video about the Spirited away version some time ago, but hesitated as many others here because of it being a basket bag. But, it was always resting in the back of my head. Now as I have seen the gorgeous rosemary color AND there was something cacti involved, I had to go see it in person!

View attachment 5400225
That's a beautiful tote bag and cacti pouch. I'm glad that my post (#162) of the Bangkok video of the 2022 Paula's Ibiza collection was of help. I also liked that sage color tote bag, but I need a raffia tote bag with either really long handles or a shoulder strap for crossbody use.

Last week, I ordered the cacti drawstring pouch which will arrive this week. However, I will be putting it inside of my black raffia, western metal-badged Kate-Cate (Milano) tote bag from spring/summer 2021. I've noticed that Kate-Cate has a new collection of them for 2022, much like the ones in 2021, but in different colors. I like that there are options; handheld, long shoulder straps, or crossbody-style straps.

I'll be mixing and matching Loewe with Kate-Cate to make it work. And the Loewe cacti drawstring bag will look really cute inside of my Kate-Cate one. I can also turn the tote bag around if I don't want the metal badge showing. I wish that Loewe would make raffia basket-style tote bags with long crossbody straps.

Jun 6, 2009
Los Angeles County
That's a beautiful tote bag and cacti pouch. I'm glad that my post (#162) of the Bangkok video of the 2022 Paula's Ibiza collection was of help. I also liked that sage color tote bag, but I need a raffia tote bag with either really long handles or a shoulder strap for crossbody use.

Last week, I ordered the cacti drawstring pouch which will arrive this week. However, I will be putting it inside of my black raffia, western metal-badged Kate-Cate (Milano) tote bag from spring/summer 2021. I've noticed that Kate-Cate has a new collection of them for 2022, much like the ones in 2021, but in different colors. I like that there are options; handheld, long shoulder straps, or crossbody-style straps.

I'll be mixing and matching Loewe with Kate-Cate to make it work. And the Loewe cacti drawstring bag will look really cute inside of my Kate-Cate one. I can also turn the tote bag around if I don't want the metal badge showing. I wish that Loewe would make raffia basket-style tote bags with long crossbody straps.
My Loewe Paula's Ibiza cacti drawstring pouch just arrived and it's great. And it looks really good inside of my all black Kate-Cate raffia tote bag with western badge from Spring/Summer 2021.

charlottawill

Jul 31, 2015

View attachment 5400226

View attachment 5400228
They are overpriced, but the pouch is really cute. They had an adorable one with owls last year that I tried to justify buying but couldn't.

despair

O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
I really liked the mermaid denim print this year but the flamenco is really pricy and the strap drop is too short for me, and the sailor bag is a little iffy in terms of usage too. So that leaves the pouch which our SA informed us came into the boutique today. Pulled the trigger even though I don't have any baskets to use it in, and yes it's really overpriced for a pouch really... But I really do like the print very much.

E58DA22D-CA78-4D7B-A493-10E6B89D162E.jpeg

Was toying around with the idea of turning it into a cloth bag/cheap flamenco (heh) but the D rings will need to be sewn into the inside of the pouch to be ideal. Attaching the D rings to the drawstrings means the entire bag hangs off the drawstrings and it will probably be quite detrimental to the leather drawstring... Photo below using a random puzzle bag strap.

37AB8DC5-A53B-470E-A51C-AA02B29416FD.jpeg 5F796F4A-B767-407C-B0DA-33D1CBC0B462.jpeg

Jun 6, 2009
Los Angeles County
I wonder what the Euro price is for the pouches. I'm used to zipping over to Europe during the summers and shopping. But, the pandemic grounded me after I returned home from a different overseas trip in Feb 2020. I'm used to shopping in Paris and also getting détaxe.

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
mostly at work
I wonder what the Euro price is for the pouches. I'm used to zipping over to Europe during the summers and shopping. But, the pandemic grounded me after I returned home from a different overseas trip in Feb 2020. I'm used to shopping in Paris and also getting détaxe.
The pouch is 220€ in Germany.

Jun 6, 2009
Los Angeles County
The pouch is 220€ in Germany.
Thanks! That is around $230. U.S. dollars. When I shop in Europe, I don't have add-on sales tax (9.75%-ish here at home) and I usually buy enough to qualify for Détaxe (12%-15% sales tax deduction). I've shopped European products in Europe since the 70s. Whenever I can get back to Europe, I'll focus on Loewe shopping. Over the past decades, I was more focused on other designers as Loewe hadn't hipped up its game back in the day and was a bit staid.