Paul Andrew

rock_girl

May 16, 2010
Seeing as I just purchased my first pair of Paul Andrew shoes, I thought I'd start a thread for him...just in case I'm not the only PA fan!! :graucho:

But first...a little bit about the man behind the magic! :yahoo: From the biography on his website...

"British-born, US-based footwear and accessory designer Paul Andrew announced his eponymous line of luxury women’s shoes for Spring 2013. The important critical and commercial response to the collection has positioned Andrew as a rising creative force within the footwear industry. Long familiar with the rigor involved in designing and producing shoes for the world’s most discerning and fashionable consumers, Andrew cultivated his craft over fifteen years within iconic fashion houses such as Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen and Narciso Rodriguez. He envisions a style and sensibility for his namesake collection that is at once modern and glamorous, an aesthetic that is always sexy without severity. Supported by the finest manufacturing resources in Italy, Andrew combines impeccable materials and handmade craftsmanship with ingenuity and the latest technologies to maximize fit, comfort and performance. His is a singular, passionate approach to shoemaking.

Paul Andrew has been honored with several awards since launching his brand including “Accessories Designer of the Year” for the 2013 edition of “Who’s on Next?”, the 2013 “Launch of the Year” by Fairchild Publications and Footwear News, and the top honors of the 2014 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund. In March 2015 Andrew was nominated for a CFDA Swarovski Award for Accessory Design and in September of the same year, he was added to the Business of Fashion’s BOF 500, naming the 500 most influential people in the fashion industry."

I just received the Chrysler Zenadia pump in black suede and silver. They are so stunning, the photos don't do them justice. :loveeyes::drool::faint:

Sadly, I think they are a half size too small and they were the last pair an Neiman Marcus. :crybaby::cry: The 39 fit, but they are a little tight. I guess I'll have to hope a pair in 39.5 are returned.

Does anyone know if the toe boxes of his shoes stretch much?

Attachments

• IMG_8914.JPG
    IMG_8914.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_8916.JPG
    IMG_8916.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_8917.JPG
    IMG_8917.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_8918.JPG
    IMG_8918.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 932
  • IMG_8919.JPG
    IMG_8919.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 945
  • IMG_8921.JPG
    IMG_8921.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 964
Those are amazing!!! Could you have them stretched?

Thanks!

I will do the sock trick at home this weekend, to see if they give any. If not, having them stretched is a great idea!!

On a side note, the moral finish seems to be slightly more hardy than that on CLs. Do you have any expertise with touching up the metal finish? There's a scratch that is bugging me...

Very nice shoes! From my experience with tight heels like these, compromise is the key, practice and accept some pain in the begging but after, you will enjoy the total pleasure of wearing them.

Very nice shoes! From my experience with tight heels like these, compromise is the key, practice and accept some pain in the begging but after, you will enjoy the total pleasure of wearing them.

Thanks for the advice!

Do you have any PA heels? He was part of Vogue's Fashion Fund (how I heard of him), which was aired on tv. It was a really interesting show to watch.

Thanks!

I will do the sock trick at home this weekend, to see if they give any. If not, having them stretched is a great idea!!

On a side note, the moral finish seems to be slightly more hardy than that on CLs. Do you have any expertise with touching up the metal finish? There's a scratch that is bugging me...

Wish i could help-but I have not had success here. Could a jeweler buff it out maybe?

I just purchased a pair of designer shoes at Nordstrom and they arrived with a scratch/dent in the leather. They offered to send out to the local shoe repair in the mall at no charge for me as a fix-you might pursue that option for the metal scratch.

Re: the shoe stretching, the shoe dept has stretched a few pairs for me at n/chg and I have also tried the shoe spray-it works better than the sock trick.

Great shoes by the way. I love the designs by PA, just can't do the heels.

Another PA purchase... The Woodside Pump in magenta suede. The heel is 105mm and they are a perfect fit at 39.5. The last photo (with flash) is a better representation of the color. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978863.927622.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978879.435125.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978795.428906.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978806.048209.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978815.536030.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452978900.662398.jpg

I've also been drooling over his shoes since I saw the Fashion Fund. I finally hit his NYC sample sale last week and scored a few pairs. I heard his last sale had a better selection but I think I did ok :smile:

instagram.com/p/BCZKn_khX3H/?taken-by=lehoarder

3.bp.blogspot.com/-kvLjc0sh79k/VteFg4kNe9I/AAAAAAAAglc/UMJ_B9SPztM/s1600/LeHoarder%2BPaul%2BAndrew%2Bsample%2Bsale%2Bhaul%2BCHRYSLER%2BPUMP%2Bpurple%2Bfringe%2BArtesia%2Bbrocade%2BLEXINGTON.JPG

I've also been drooling over his shoes since I saw the Fashion Fund. I finally hit his NYC sample sale last week and scored a few pairs. I heard his last sale had a better selection but I think I did ok :smile:

instagram.com/p/BCZKn_khX3H/?taken-by=lehoarder

3.bp.blogspot.com/-kvLjc0sh79k/VteFg4kNe9I/AAAAAAAAglc/UMJ_B9SPztM/s1600/LeHoarder%2BPaul%2BAndrew%2Bsample%2Bsale%2Bhaul%2BCHRYSLER%2BPUMP%2Bpurple%2Bfringe%2BArtesia%2Bbrocade%2BLEXINGTON.JPG

Oh! A sample sale...!!! So jealous. Unfortunately your link doesn't work. [emoji22] Can you post photos instead? If love to see what you got!