Patina on box leather -- how long does it take?

Thank You all for this wonderful Information regarding how long the Patina takes.

I think I better take this baby out periodically and use it. I just got the melatonin creme at the shoe store. Will try on the inside first:sweatdrop: .

PBC - I took my bag out with hubby and he didn't stand or sit near me the entire night. :sad: He said "Maybe you shouldn't buy so many expensive things" :graucho: . I put a big scratch on the front with my ring and hubby said there was another $100 carwash for my purse. BUT He knows already from this purse forum that it will happen (I've been training him)....so just ignore your hubby and keep him updated on this process so that he doesn't want to hear it. DRILL IT INTO HIS BRAIN!!!:heart:

Ok.....I have a black Box HAC and I just use her without thought...no special treatment (this I save for the Vintage gals)....sling her around, toss her into the car, put her in the seat of the shopping cart at the market, on the (gasp!) floor in the house sometimes....she's been a trooper and she's lookin pretty dang good still. Can't remember exactly when I got her but it was this year.

I LOVE Box because it does get a glorious patina over time....but I'm also someone who loves bags to look lived-in just as soon as I get them too. I say, don't worry too much about living with Box.....let it get it's "face" and you'll see, you'll love it even more! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

It sounds like (1) regular use, (2) no sweating the scratches, (3) buffing on my own for light scratches, and (4) annual visits to the H spa then?

Patz, I think Gina B. wrote something about putting her Birkin in a Longchamps le pliage. I am not sure about the sizes.

ok, u ladies are kinda scaring me with this scratch thing for the box leather. i mean, i knew of the delicate-ness of this type of leather and i guess there's really no way to prevent it from happening unless u don't use the bag period! i will be getting my box birkin tomorrow and even though i'm soooo excited to bust her out, i'm also afraid to death of putting scratches on her!!! i mean seriously, I WOULD DIE!!! and yes, let's not forget the DH factor too...he would sooo kill me, so i would die either way! i have a last minute trip to vegas this coming weekend and am planning on taking her with me. any suggestions on a stylish "outer" bag to place her in so she doesn't get abused thru the xray machine or on the plane??
You may find this thread helpful:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/n...om-trip-55798.html?highlight=cruise+longchamp

I am a former LV addict and am fascinated with the use of the term "patina." To me, it means the darkening of untreated leather. But you ladies are talking about a colored leather getting a patina -- what does that mean? (sorry to be so dumb, but I only have a clemence bag and haven't been looking for any patina-LOL).

Sorry I meant Peanutbabycakes... I am losing my braincells this evening, a very bad day, thought I lost my wallet at Starbucks and for a moment, a million phone calls.

haha!! that's ok! i sooo wouldn't mind being mistaken for Pazt!!! as long as i can have her hot outfits and all her hermes bags GALORE!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: oh yea....and those blinged out watches!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Maybe I should think about who we wouldn't mind being mistaken for so long as we can have her Hermes bags. I wouldn't mind being mistaken for Shopmom. I love her entire collection, have been dreaming about that Noisette, and the croc Kelly, the caramel chevre, the Kelly Elan, and the chocolate Kelly mou! Oh I have to stop thinking.