Patina Cleaner - Magic Eraser?

This is my Speedy 25 anyway, for an idea of what I'm up against!! I don't want to lose the patina, just remove the darkness where it's worst. I love patina but this is just a tad much!

2ef0scd-1.jpg

This is my Speedy 25 anyway, for an idea of what I'm up against!! I don't want to lose the patina, just remove the darkness where it's worst. I love patina but this is just a tad much!

2ef0scd-1.jpg

From what I have learnt in the last day or researching this (after my impulse buy on Saturday) - the baby wipes/magic eraser remove the dirt/grime (dark brown), but evens out the patina. So it should remove the darkness right at the ends of your handles. Fingers crossed anyway!

I just bought those same ones, bella, so will see how I go. Don't think I've got any babywipes though.. actually, might have in the car. Have taken some closer pics of the handles so will post before/after pics a bit later!

Yay! Let me know how you get on!

My lv is coming from Hong Kong so should be her midweek. I'm preparing myself that it may also smell, so I'm also getting fabric softener and stuff.

Well I've tried it on one handle. I can see the grime coming off onto the eraser, but the handle doesn't really look much lighter. It pretty must still looks like the other one, though without the shine! I've been wiping with baby wipes and then using the eraser, it's become quite damp from the baby wipes so perhaps this is why it's still looking dark. Should I let the handle dry before I put leather conditioner onto it?

Bella my 35 from Japan smelt a little musty, I just put a lovely essence of oils linen drawer thingy into it and left it open when I'm not using it, and now the musty smell's all gone.

Thanks for the advice!

From what I have read you should wipe the handles with baby wipes, then wait till they dry, then repeat the process of wiping and waiting till dry 3 or 4 times.

Then after that, try the eraser and then the conditioner.

Oh.. well, I've done it all backwards then!

For one handle I did the babywipes before each go at the eraser, and for the other I did a quick wipe, then lots of eraser, and then more of each. They both pretty much turned out the same. Once I'd nuked all my erasers (you get two big ones in those packs you posted about - I cut them into smaller pieces for use) I just did lots and lots of baby wipes, which seemed to remove lots of brown grime as well. Perhaps the eraser sort of removed the thicker top layer and the baby wipes could then do a lot more?

Anyway both handles are still pretty damp, I'll wait until almost dry (but not completely dry as mine is quite old and the vachetta was a bit overdry to start with), then cover them in luverly leather goop. Then once that's all sunk in, I'll give them a good polish, then once properly dry a touch more goop, and a shine.