Patent vs Lambskin for Classic Flap

Scarlett1013

Nov 29, 2013
I have a dilemma…I am purchasing the Classic Flap M/L and have a choice between Black Patent or Black Lambskin. I LOVE them both but can't afford both at the moment. I want to use it as an everyday bag. I'm a sucker for anything Patent but is it too dressy for every day? Is Patent more durable than Lamb? Please help. I need to decide today bc SA can't hold for much longer.

I have a dilemma…I am purchasing the Classic Flap M/L and have a choice between Black Patent or Black Lambskin. I LOVE them both but can't afford both at the moment. I want to use it as an everyday bag. I'm a sucker for anything Patent but is it too dressy for every day? Is Patent more durable than Lamb? Please help. I need to decide today bc SA can't hold for much longer.

By durability do you mean now or in 10 years? Patents always have the risk of getting color transfer, but with black, it's unlikely that you'd notice it unless it was a lighter color. Patent also shows fingerprints, which some mind and others don't. If the patent is ever harmed in any way, there is no way to send it in to have the material fixed. That said, for daily use, it's great.

If you want a bag that will go the long haul, that's repairable if you get chain indents, accidental spills of a light color, etc., then lambskin is the way to go. It really just depends on you.

Thank you ladies! As in durability, I mean now, not in 10 years. I didn't know that patent could not be fixed :sad: Not worried about color transfer as 99% of my closet is black and the bag would be black. Ughhhh such decisions ;)

Thank you ladies! As in durability, I mean now, not in 10 years. I didn't know that patent could not be fixed :sad: Not worried about color transfer as 99% of my closet is black and the bag would be black. Ughhhh such decisions ;)

Go with the patent; it's pretty much indestructible and the shine would help it to go with most any black (yes, there are many shades of black). :smile:

I think the fingerprints would drive me crazy! I have a lv clutch in patent leather and I hate to constantly wipe fingerprints off, it looks greasy otherwise :smile: I don't use it often.

I would choose lambskin, it looks more luxurious and easier to maintain than patent.

I personally love lambskin and would pick it any day over patent, but patent in black is pretty worry free as far as dirt, etc. for those who are afraid of lamb. You only have to worry about deep scratches and color transfer of a light color onto the black. If you don't mind the fingerprints, it's a no-brainer.

I don't have a black patent Chanel but I do have a black patent burberry tote.

It's durable and fingerprint isn't that bad. I have had it for a few years and all I do is just to wipe her clean.

If you love patent, go for it!

I would vote for patent! It is lovely and soooo shiny!!! I have both and I totally agree that patent is much easier to (not) care... heheheh!! My lambskins do suffer much more injuries even with care.... Good luck if you do choose the black blingy!!! :biggrin:

I only have one patent, a jumbo bordeaux. It is very pretty but shows finger prints. I think the black lambskin would be beautiful.