Patent Saffiano Leather and regular saffiano leather

missJrSg

Feb 5, 2014
Hello everyone!!! What's the difference between this two materials in the MK handbags. Please post a picture if you have any of the two..I'm contemplating on which bag to get.. Thank you very much in advance for your inputs!! :smile::smile:

The patent saffiano has a shinny finish to it. The regular saffiano is like a matte finish. I've attached some pictures I found on Google ;) Hope this helps.

Attachments

• selma.jpg
    selma.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 680
  • selma 2.jpg
    selma 2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 684
Thanks 2 stars.. but im still confuse..im looking at the pics in Nordstrom, 'Large Selma' Patent Saffiano Leather Satchel.. and the pics looks exactly the same as the regular saffiano leather.. I think the first picture that you posted of selma is a patent leather and not the patent saffiano leather ( sorry if im wrong ) ..Thanks again :smile:

Thanks 2 stars.. but im still confuse..im looking at the pics in Nordstrom, 'Large Selma' Patent Saffiano Leather Satchel.. and the pics looks exactly the same as the regular saffiano leather.. I think the first picture that you posted of selma is a patent leather and not the patent saffiano leather ( sorry if im wrong ) ..Thanks again :smile:
The pictures on the Nordstrom website are not accurate. The patent saffiano leather definitely has an extra "sheen" to it. The regular saffiano leather does not. You should take a look in-store to see for yourself.

thanks..i would love to compare them myself in store but sadly im on a trip :smile: so many on sale right now and this bags are screaming and triyng to get me to buy one online hihihi.. just your opinion.. which type of leather would you prefer on selma and dressy?? thnx

thanks..i would love to compare them myself in store but sadly im on a trip :smile: so many on sale right now and this bags are screaming and triyng to get me to buy one online hihihi.. just your opinion.. which type of leather would you prefer on selma and dressy?? thnx
I did not like the patent leather Selma that I looked at, but believe (and maybe I'm wrong) that the patent saffiano leather is just saffiano leather with a "sheen" rather than the "shiny" patent leather that I saw. I would choose regular saffiano leather, but that's just a personal preference. If I had to have a bag with patent saffiano leather, then I would choose the Dressy/Sutton over the Selma because I think the Dressy/Sutton would look better with a "sheen" than the Selma.

The first picture is the patent selma and the 2nd is the regular saffiano leather. I personally didn't like the patent but that's my personal preference.

The pictures on the Nordstrom website are not accurate. The patent saffiano leather definitely has an extra "sheen" to it. The regular saffiano leather does not. You should take a look in-store to see for yourself.

I did not like the patent leather Selma that I looked at, but believe (and maybe I'm wrong) that the patent saffiano leather is just saffiano leather with a "sheen" rather than the "shiny" patent leather that I saw. I would choose regular saffiano leather, but that's just a personal preference. If I had to have a bag with patent saffiano leather, then I would choose the Dressy/Sutton over the Selma because I think the Dressy/Sutton would look better with a "sheen" than the Selma.

That's very helpful..Thanks.. I'm actually leaning on getting the dressy one on macys..:smile: