Patent peeling anyone?

Has anyone with a patent putty smudged leopard noticed any peeling at the edges? I noticed a tiny amount yesterday and I'm a bit concerned it'll turn into something bigger. It's not as though it's been used a great deal!

You should contact Mulberry customer services about this asap, regardless of how long you have had the bag.

I don't recall anyone on here mentioning it with the smudged leopard bags, but it did happen with the rouge noir Bayswater bags. (I have neither of these bags - I just remember it being mentioned on here)

I hope that Mulberry can sort something out for you. It is so horrible when things go wrong with a much-loved bag ... I should know!!

I have black wrinkled patent e/w bays and have noticed the patent has cracked under the handles - its very small so I haven't done anything about it but am worried it will spread.

i have the green spazzalato bays and it's peeled quite badly around the handles. You can't see it when it's being carried but i know it's there and it does bother me.

I got in touch with mulberry and they said they usually just replace the handles (which makes me think its a common problem) but that they didnt have the leather to match the colour on mine. They gave me 20% of the cost back but im still a bit annoyed about it really.

It'd be easier if it was on the handles wouldn't it? Unfortunately it's on the main body of the bag so I doubt it could be repaired. I'll take a pic and send it to customer services and see what they say. I bought the bag with some money my nana left to me so I don't really want to send it back.

Thanks ladies.

you could send it back to see if they could fill it in? but make it absolutely clear that you aren't giving up the bag.

Otherwise ask for a discount, i can't imagine it would keep on peeling so if it isn't noticeable then its not too bad. But if you don't ask you don't get.

Peony, hopefully they'll be able to repair it - or offer you a partial refund and let you keep it :yes:

I always panic when I read about peeling patent as I seem to have the only Rouge Noir wrinkled patent bag that *isn't* peeling. It's my absolute fave and I'd be gutted if it started to peel but so far, so good :tup: I haven't actually used it that much (probably less than 20 times over the course of a year) but I think that if it was going to peel, it would have happened by now :thinking:

Hope you get a good response :smile:

Peony, hopefully they'll be able to repair it - or offer you a partial refund and let you keep it :yes:

I always panic when I read about peeling patent as I seem to have the only Rouge Noir wrinkled patent bag that *isn't* peeling. It's my absolute fave and I'd be gutted if it started to peel but so far, so good :tup: I haven't actually used it that much (probably less than 20 times over the course of a year) but I think that if it was going to peel, it would have happened by now :thinking:

Hope you get a good response :smile:

Ditab do you find that there are small cracks on the underside of your handles in the spot where they bend?

i never had any trouble with my putty bays, but i did have issues witha RN daria and the RN bays are known for peeling!

i would contact customer services and see what they say! do you still have your receipt? if so they would either replace or give you a gift voucher.