Patent Leather -- Yes Or No?

Funny thing, I was so anti-patent until about 6-8 months ago, maybe it's the resurge of patent, or whatever, but I'm totally in love with chic looking patent bags. The JC Ramona in Burgandy and Black are two great examples of patent, as well as the Chloe Betty.
Again, everything is personal taste...................and.......I've purchased 2 patent bags in the last 6 months.....I get so many compliments on my black patent Betty tote so, if you love it, go fot it!!

Look at new Nine West, isn't it beautiful? I'll never buy it, though (PVC)

high_glamour.jpg

that is a beautifl color on the Nine West bag and shoes.

i personally own one Prada patent bag in this greyish pale blue. got it about 4 years ago when i was in college. the leather doesn't scratch that easily and it still looks great and structured. held up nicely.

however, if you were to get a patent bag, i'd def suggest you to go with darker shades. my bag sits in its dust bag all the time when not used, but somehow around the seams the leather has started to oxidized(!?) and the color changed slightly.

black or brown ones should be fine cuz you can barely notice any changes!?

on the same note, does anyone know how i can clean the patent bag up!? thanks!

I LOVE love LOVE my choco patent Betty chain handled bag. It is my favorite!! Oddly enough I haven't even worn it yet but I WILL - LOL!! It doesn't look like anything else so I won't care if the trend is over with a bag that is a statement in itself and makes me look like a rock star!!

I'm really not liking patent leather and feeling that it will be a trend that's gone in two seconds (or maybe that's wishful thinking), but the bag you've selected has a nice classic look to it. If you're absolutely going to get a patent bag, this one is nice!