Patent Leather scratch repair.

panrixx

Nov 12, 2007
Hi ladies, I'm back after a long break.

I'm looking for advise on the best way to remove a superficial scratch from a pair of black patent leather pumps I have just purchased for my wife. The shoes are new but have a superficial scratch on the inner side of one shoe.

!B23JCvg!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!joE)pmMuhtHBMkJ6-Y57g~~0_12.JPG

I will very much appreciate any guidance you can give me. I've read about using Non-acetone nail varnish remover or alcohol but would like to hear from anyone who has tried these methods, or any other.

The ladies in here will likely vehemently disagree with me, but acetone-based nail polish remover works for me every time. It does not dull the shine and removes with the smallest amount applied with a q-tip. It is an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it. I use this method all the time.

I know some women use baby wipes but, for me, that cleans yet does not remove scuffs/scratches.

Good luck with any method you choose :biggrin:.

Well, I found I had a bottle of Alcohol in the form of Propan-2-OL which I had bought for another purpose.

I dipped the end of a cotton wool bud in it, appplied with a light wiping action and wiped with a clean cloth. Repeated the wiping and cleaning off action about three times (no more Propan-2-OL added). Result - scratch completely dissappeared :yahoo:

If you want to read up about this form of alcohol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

It was along time ago that I purchased this product so I do not know if this email address is still valid. Anyway, my supplier was seana.everette@ntlworld .com