Patent leather Sabrina versus plain leather...

IMO, I would go for the plain leather. I do love the look of patent, but I think that the regular leather is going to be longer lasting in both style and physical wear.

patent because of the low maintenance. Even tho, i don't think the regular is such high maintenance either. I just find it less of a worry, and the black patent has this gorgeous amber (almost black looking) hardware that looks absoulutely stunning to me. but if you don't want a green or black, you'll have to look to the regular leather since they come in more colors.

I would pick leather over patent.

I am going to get the large black sabrina in leather because I feel it is more classic and that is what I am looking for.. also I have a coach patent bag and it has a split in the handle and I am afraid it will get worse over time. I am afraid of the patent handles lasting.. I think the leather will be more durable over time.

Patent leather could sometimes look very plasticy and not so long lasting as others said, so I'd go for the plain leather. I didnt like the patent ones as much as the plain leather ones when I was in the coach boutique a few days ago.

They are both absolutely stunning, but I suggest the plain over the patent for two reasons:
1. The plain is much less expensive. You can get it and lovely matching accessories for the same price as just the patent one.
2. The leather will hold up much better. Though patent is easy to keep clean, you have to worry about colour transfer, cracking, and if you brush it against something it won't scuff or scratch, it will tear. This happened to me just yesterday when I stubbed my toe wearing my patent coach ballet flats.

you're kidding? seriously? omg, i thought patent leather was "bulletproof".

Apparently not so much :sad:. I'm really quite upset about my shoes. they are the Lonnie Ballet flats and I have them in both Punch and Black. They have similar smooshy crinkly leather to that of the green and black Sabrina. I was honestly really surprised that they tore so easily. It was a very minor stub of the toe on the curb as I was crossing the street.

I'm going to try and repair the tear using glue, liquid latex, and some matching paint or nail polish. When I get around to it I'll post pictures so we can all see if it worked or not.