Patent leather questions?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I wanted to know if you all felt that patent leather is more a dress up kind of leather ? I was talking to a friend the other day who felt patent leather doesnot go well with jeans where as siggy is better for a casual wear. What do you think ? Also is it durable ? I dont have much in patent leather and am eyeing the cranberry Mia maggi!

2. I think the style of the bag governs more than the material.

I think all the little girlies in the mall running around with their leather Sabrinas and jeans look a little silly. I would like the same if they were siggy Sabrinas. Maybe if it's a "dressed up" jeans look, but flip flops and Sabrina are unacceptable to me.

I think patent can go either way, depending on the rest of the outfit.

3. I find that Patent leather is the easiest to care for!I love that coach added the patent handles and trim on the dotted op art sophia's..It gives my bag a more classy look~With patent leather, you just wipe and go, use an unscented baby wipe..

4. If I pay that much, I wear it with whatever, whenever, and however I want. I will flaunt it whether someone else finds it acceptable or not. Old school fashion rules are gone with feathered hair.

5. I think patent looks fine with anything! I wear my patent bags with jeans or when I'm dressed up. And it's super easy to take care of, you really don't have to worry about it at all.

6. I agree that patent looks good with everything! I don't wear my patent bags with certain things. Anything goes for me! :smile:

7. AMEN!! I feel exactly the same way. I have several patent bags and wear them with jeans, dress slacks, work suit, shorts, whatever. If I like the bag I'm going to wear it!

What's great about patent is that you don't even need a baby wipe--just use a soft damp cloth and you're good to go!

8. I wear my bags whenever and however I like, mix and match with diffferent styles and I don't think any particular bag or leather type or style is suitable for one occasion and not for another. And I don't really worry what other people think. I happen to think sabrinas go with everything.
    And patent leather is very easy to care for - as in no care required:biggrin:

9. Well, I see alot of women offer that tip:smile:Anyhow, I feel just like Peacocky~We spend a small fortune on our bags, and who cares what anyone else deems right or wrong!Just like when someone says,"oh you can't wear a certain color unless it is in season."I will wear what I want when I want:smile:

10. Thanks all ! I am going ahead with my patent purchase! Patent red for me this fall , I want it bad.

11. LOVE IT! Stomping my feet and lighting a match!

12. I completely agree- I wear what I want with any bag I want- including my leather sabrina with my jeans- and I don't think twice about it. I dress comfy when not at work, and sometimes my bag is what makes the comfy clothes seem a little more put together. Well said Peacocky!

OP- Enjoy your new bag!

13. Um...99% of my wardrobe consists of a pair of jeans, lol.

I agree with everyone else. You should be able to wear any bag, regardless of material, with whatever outfit you feel matches your bag. I happen to love patent leather, whereas the next girl may think patent leather is a dressier or flashier leather. It honestly doesn't matter. But yes, I do think patent is a fabulous leather and it makes a statement no matter what you're wearing.

14. Hi,
    I have a Red Patent Peyton and a Plum Patent Sabrina! I wear both with jeans all the time. I say if you like the bag, get it and use it with whatever you wear - dressy or casual!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

15. Don't follow anybody's rules but your own. :P