Patent leather question....

My SA told me there wld be colour transfer, so I tot, hey i cld still get it but not use it so often.

I think she read my mine cos she went on to say that it shld be used often cos if it is kept for sometime, the patent will become sticky!

Guess what, no patent beige for me! Good for my bank acct!

I have the blush patent and wore it one time only. I keep it stored away in my closet, I have no fear of transfer or fading as I dont use it that much. i wouldnt use the beige as a daily bag either, rotate your bags and you should be fine.

Hi Gals

I have quite a few Chanel bags but I dont own ay patent bags. Reason being I have heard and read many scary stories on how hard it is to take care of patent leather. I remember some PFers who posted on here mentioned that the leather gets sticky if not taken care of properly and if not aired or used regularly.

Recently chanel has come up with some seriously beautiful patent and I am in love but am not sure because this will be my first patent... and am afraid that I will regret it after.

Please let me know the pros and cons of your patent Chanel and which patent bag was your first and did you went for a second one after?

P.S. Thanks to all the enablers here who posted all your patent bags that ticked me into getting one! This forum is really bad for my wallet! :P

Thanks!

Advices, anyone?

I own a black Chanel patent wallet and would definitely say I have to wipe it with a soft cloth often because it shows fingerprints and etc.. That being said patent is so classy and sexy.

I have "the rock" black Chanel patent and use it all the time, including in the summer when it is humid. I have never had any problems with stickiness or finger print issues. In terms of ease of care, I prefer it to my Chanel leather bags.

Pros:

1) gorgeous and elegant
2) easy to clean with damp cloth or even baby wipes
3) can tolerate rain

Cons:

1) color transfer and mitigration on light color patents
2) ink mark is patent's worst enemy (once on, you can never take it out)
3) sticky leather from storing in high humidity places
4) can see fingerprint smudges on dark patents

My first patent was a black classic flap, then followed by a coral patent e/w flap. I'm on the look out for another black patent. :graucho:

O I love the patent chanels!
My first was the patent madison. It is really durable and great for rainy days! I would recommend a black one though, otherwise color transfer is really a concern.
And if you don't live in a warm and humid place, it will be fine!

I love Chanel patent! I have several flaps, and I prefer distressed/crackled patent over smooth calf for it's durability. I actually do have one smooth patent calf flap from last year and IMO it's not an everyday patent. I actually was going to purchase a patent calf card holder from this season and the SA couldn't find one in good condition. In my experience, darker patents hold up much better than their lighter counterparts and you don't have to worry about color transfer! :smile: What bag are you thinking of? :nuts:

I love any Chanel bag in patent! I find I reach for a patent bag more often than any other (lambskin, calfskin, caviar). My 1st patent was a double face umbo bought from a seller in Singapore. it arrived sticky and now, almost a year later, it's not as sticky. I'm taking it into Chanel for hardware replacement.

None of the other patent bags I have (some are older than the jumbo above) have any issues. I lightly spray with windex and wipe off before I store them.

Patents are stored away from other leathers and kept in dustbags (you wouldn't believe how quickly color migration happens!!!!!)

Go for a patent Chanel!

I have a black patent flap, and I don't have any issues with it. I live in the dry climate, so no stickiness was ever detected. I just wipe the patent with a damp cloth every now and then to keep it clean. Since my patent is crackled, fingerprints aren't a problem. I love patent, it just updates the whole look of flaps to me.

I have 2 patent bowlers, and have never had any problems with stickiness, considering I live in a tropical country where it's humid 80% of the time! :nuts:

These bags made me fall in love with chanel patents. It's gorgeous and easy to use IMO. :tup: