Patent Leather Question - Heat and Humidity

cecegrl

O.G.
Jun 7, 2010
I've read some posts saying that heat and humidity is not good for patent leather. Based on what I read, it seems that whoever lives in a hot and humid place should be extra cautious.

I actually just purchased a patent WOC which is mainly to be used for trips. I actually plan on using it for an upcoming FL trip. This may be a stupid question, but do you think my patent WOC should be ok for the use during the trip? I know that FL is hot and humid especially during the summer, and I do plan to be out all day. But since it's just a matter of a few days, should it be ok?

Please share your thoughts, as I would hate to come back with a ruined WOC. TIA!

I've read some posts saying that heat and humidity is not good for patent leather. Based on what I read, it seems that whoever lives in a hot and humid place should be extra cautious.

I actually just purchased a patent WOC which is mainly to be used for trips. I actually plan on using it for an upcoming FL trip. This may be a stupid question, but do you think my patent WOC should be ok for the use during the trip? I know that FL is hot and humid especially during the summer, and I do plan to be out all day. But since it's just a matter of a few days, should it be ok?

Please share your thoughts, as I would hate to come back with a ruined WOC. TIA!

Have a friend who stored 2 patent bags in a humid closet and when they touched by accident, they "melted" onto eachother.

My own experience with Balenciaga was when I took it to Mexico and it also "melted". It got extra soft and sticky ;-( Be VERY careful. I would us an LV(canvas) bag or a Goyard, if you have.

The answer is no. Florida is very hot in the summer months, and it's not a good idea. It's not a good idea to travel with patent leather either. It dents and scratches easily. Keep the patent is a cool place and get there is something you can get to remove the humidity...put them in the box...but I cannot recommend patent as a good bag for travel and esp. in the heat.

No, I would not take it to Florida. I've been to Florida a few times and it tends to rain pretty frequently (it rained almost everyday I was there for about 30min to an hour). Also, it is extremely humid there. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Oh no!! :shucks: I was really looking forward to using my new WOC for this trip. :sad:

I actually purposely purchased the WOC for trip purposes. I don't own any other WOC as this is my first, but I don't plan on exchanging it cause i love the look of the camellia patent. I don't think other bags would be a good idea as I am planning to visit the theme parks, and I mainly own bigger bags. I was really hoping a few days wouldn't hurt.

Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious if this means I can't ever use my patent wallet in Florida? The peak summer months are particularly humid but what do you guys think about other times?

I don't believe a trip to Florida is enough to ruin patent leather.

If you plan to store your patent leather items for months and months in a humid/hot environment, then you might want to take precautions.

Otherwise, enjoy your trip and your gorgeous patent WOC!