Patent Leather Peeling - Coach Warranty?

nanogirl21

Jul 8, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a coach Madison dotted op art Sophia satchel #15935 and the trim on one of the patent leather satchel handles is peeling. Have any of you guys had this problem before? I am curious to know if this is covered under Coach warranty. My nearest store or factory store is at least 3 hours away. I would hate to travel that far to only be told “nope sorry nothing we can do”. Since you all are expects, and I’m fairly new to Coach, I thought I’d just ask. Also if it is covered under warranty, do I need to bring anything with me when I take the bag? I no longer have the receipt. Below are some photos.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2203 (1).JPG
    IMG_2203 (1).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,326
  • IMG_2201 (1).JPG
    IMG_2201 (1).JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 3,283
  • IMG_2202 (1).JPG
    IMG_2202 (1).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 3,266
  • IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 3,291
I would call your store and see if you can email pictures. I wouldn't drive three hours. Most likely they won't repair it, but will send you a 40% off letter. Perhaps it might be worth calling JAX directly and finding out if you can mail it directly in to the repair center.

I would call your store and see if you can email pictures. I wouldn't drive three hours. Most likely they won't repair it, but will send you a 40% off letter. Perhaps it might be worth calling JAX directly and finding out if you can mail it directly in to the repair center.

maling directly with a letter why is what i usually do

Hi guys,

I have a coach Madison dotted op art Sophia satchel #15935 and the trim on one of the patent leather satchel handles is peeling. Have any of you guys had this problem before? I am curious to know if this is covered under Coach warranty. My nearest store or factory store is at least 3 hours away. I would hate to travel that far to only be told “nope sorry nothing we can do”. Since you all are expects, and I’m fairly new to Coach, I thought I’d just ask. Also if it is covered under warranty, do I need to bring anything with me when I take the bag? I no longer have the receipt. Below are some photos.

Thanks.

You can take it in for evaluation but that looks like edgecote peeling to me, which happens fairly often and might be considered wear and tear, especially considering it's an older bag. It might be quicker and cheaper just to repair it yourself. I'm told you can buy edgecote in expensively but one of our rehabbers might weigh in in that. Good luck.

You can take it in for evaluation but that looks like edgecote peeling to me, which happens fairly often and might be considered wear and tear, especially considering it's an older bag. It might be quicker and cheaper just to repair it yourself. I'm told you can buy edgecote in expensively but one of our rehabbers might weigh in in that. Good luck.

It is and you can.

I just recently sent in a pink patent leather bag purchased from Marshall's in for repair because of ink marks on the bag. I walked in a store and the rep just sent it off without charging. Although, I was expecting to be charged the $20 shipping fee. Anyway, a few weeks later I received a package from Coach which included the bag and a letter stating that the damage to the bag was not a defect on their part. I immediately called the repair customer service number and spoke to a representative. I explained to the rep that I did not carry the bag with any denim and that the bag was only carried once or twice due to the bag being bright pink. I mentioned that I had initially purchased the bag to match a pair of sandals to wear with a summer dress. I also said that I kept the bag in a coach bag like my other bags. Nonetheless, she told me to go back to a Coach store so that they can ship the bag back to her attention and that she would have a manager to review the bag. Well, I sent the bag back via the store and I received a call back via voice mail that they plan to credit me for the price of the bag (Coach price plus tax). I was super excited because I was expecting the 40% off coupon but they actually did me a little better. Of course, they said they couldn't repair or replace the bag since it's no longer sold by Coach. However, it didn't matter to me since I only paid $100 for the bag.

I'm just glad that they were able to provide excellent customer service to me because I actually love Coach bags especially their leather bags. I took a chance purchasing the patent leather bag only because it was the color that I needed to match my shoes. I didn't know the quality of patent leather bags at the time was questionable due to the materials used to make the bag. I definitely will try my best to avoid patent leather bags in the future especially those with color. I think black patent leather bags are safe but you never know.

Hoorah for Coach customer service for not letting an avid Coach fan down. :biggrin: