patent leather issues???

Charmosa

Nov 23, 2008
Hi ladies,

Well no sooner after searching for my novo check hobo, have I fallen in love with another burberry!! I'm on vacation and went to Saks to poke around for pre-sale and came across the Small Patent Leather Knotted Hobo Bag in dark berry red. It's gorgeous!!! And 30% off!

Will there be problems with the patent (i.e. cracking)? There isn't any novo check so I'm not concerned about denim transfer. The handle is all patent leather. It's a good deal but won't be a good deal if it doesn't stand up very long!

Here's a link to the bag:
http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/...11652?colour=dkberry red&lastcategoryurl=true

Linked doesn't seem to be working so attaching a picture!

Attachments

• burberry patent knotted hobo bag.jpg
    burberry patent knotted hobo bag.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I wonder why would they because generally my experience has been that patent is a lot more durable than regular leather, it keeps shape better and does not tend to dry out in my opinion. What are your concerns?

Hello there my dear! :smile:

I was wondering if they cracked or anything, especially the handles??

I also live in a rainy climate which I'm assuming it will be ok. I don't plan on taking it out in a huge downpour though.

oops sorry, I meant to say I have not owned a BBY in patent yet but their shoes in patent and in general anything in patent is a lot more durable than other types of leather. Patent does not stretch and thus lose shape and it not prone to drying out from heat, moisture, etc. in my opinion which is why I like shoes in patent but then I have to be careful the shoes fit right because they will not stretch at all.

I have a Burberry check tote. It has patent leather handles and trim. If my memory serves me correctly, handles started to crack after just six months. I took the bag to the store, and they said that they would do nothing to fix the issue, unless I wanted to spend $80 for them to put new handles on the bag.