Patent leather in the summer?

babysnowflake

babysnowflake
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Hi everyone. My question is this: Do you carry your patent leather bags in the summer? I use my leather bags year round but before I invest in a patent leather coach I would like opinions on summertime/hot outside usage. Thanks!

I think patent leather is great for the summer! I prefer it in bright summery colors or white though.:yes: I have a yellow patent satchel that I will be carrying with my everywhere!

Thats really a very good question! I have two patent bags that I plan to use this summer - a pond ergo tote for every day, and a plum patent tote for my vacation in Disney in August. I love the easy maintenance aspect of patent, but I wonder if they get "hot" - especially the plum one, its more of thick, shiney patent - the pond is a lighter weight crinklier patent.

I would carry it year round. I used to associate it only with spring and summer when I was a kid because my mom always made me wear patent shoes for Easter and beyond till fall. I think anything goes nowadays, though!

I suspect if you use a shoulder bag, your arm will sweat on it for sure. The only thing I've noticed so far with my Michael Kors bag (only patent I own) is that my wallet and wristlet stick together in the bag, so it's sometimes difficult to pull them out and jam them back in if you have a lot of stuff too. My wallet and wristlet are large.

I think patent is good year round now. I doubt that I'll pull out my BIG black patent tote during the spring summer though as I go towards more of my whites and bright colors now. But if I had an occasion that I needed it, I wouldn't hesitate to bring it out.
Patent = ALL YEAR :tup:

When I was a little girl we got new patent leather shoes and purses every Easter that were meant to get you through Spring and Summer. Nowadays, patent is a year round fabrication. I love my patent Ergo hobos and I found them to be very comfortable to carry last Summer. White patent is a great way to have a no fuss white bag because it just wipes clean. I love the brights and pastels that are being offered now, too!

I used to think that patent was for the winter holidays - like black Mary Jane shoes that I wore as a little girl. Since I bought my pond patent hobo, I see it as a year round thing. I'd probably use brown or black in the winter only, but the lighter and brighter colors are more year round.