Patent Leather in Heat and Cold

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
I was wondering how patent leather holds up in extreme heat? What if I leave my purse in the car when it's 110 degrees outside? Is that something to worry about? Or in general, if I carry it in the sun at 100 degrees?

and how about cold, when it freezes and I leave it in the car, does that matter? Does the patent crack or melt in those circumstances?

I was wondering the same thing just the other day! I was thinking about my Patent Maggie and I wasn't wondering so much about the car as just where I store them because we've had a heatwave here in Victoria and our bedroom is to the front of the house where it's always sunny and always hot! And my hubby said "she's going to melt!" I hope this isn't true :sad:

Maybe someone here can volunteer to throw their patent leather wristlet in the freezer for awhile then take it and leave it in the car out in direct sunlight for a few days...
(I won't volunteer, luv my patent magenta wristlet too much for subjecting it to a battery of tests)

Maybe someone here can volunteer to throw their patent leather wristlet in the freezer for awhile then take it and leave it in the car out in direct sunlight for a few days...
(I won't volunteer, luv my patent magenta wristlet too much for subjecting it to a battery of tests)

LOLL

I'm sure its not good for ANYTHING to be subjected to these conditions. Why would you treat your bag this way?