Patent leather flap

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
What do you ladies think? Anyone have a patent leather classic flap? Any regrets?
Show me your Patent Chanels. Would you consider it a summer bag, or year round?
Cheers

I loved mine but let it go recently.

I think it's gorgeous and year round! I totally recommend it!

edit: also there are a lot of pics on the reference library under "patent leather"

I think the patent leather is gorgeous and definately year round bag, unless you live in a very hot climate. I think the distressed patent wears better and is less prone to scratches than the regular patent.

Mine is white, so definitely summer only. I've carried it a few times, & no problems, but I'm very careful because of dye transfer. I wouldn't wear it with jeans, or a top that I thought would bleed onto it. Here are some pics. It is the Evening Star Jumbo.

Attachments

• Eveningstar21.jpg
    Eveningstar21.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Eveningstar4.jpg
    Eveningstar4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Eveningstar10.jpg
    Eveningstar10.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 79
I have a black patent jumbo, a white patent E/W, and a white patent M/L flap. Love them all! Since I have both black and white ones, I think I've got my year covered ;)
Black ones are pretty carefree, the white ones though need more attention (e.g. color transfers from clothing, even sun blocks can make the leather yellow :sweatdrop:

Mine is white, so definitely summer only. I've carried it a few times, & no problems, but I'm very careful because of dye transfer. I wouldn't wear it with jeans, or a top that I thought would bleed onto it. Here are some pics. It is the Evening Star Jumbo.
Thanks for the photo, your white patent is beautiful!

Cheers,

I have the navy patent from ss08. It is by far my favorite bag in my collection, I can't get over the beautiful color and sheen. There have been no issues with humidity or fingerprints. Definitely a year round bag.

I have a black patent medium evening star flap and i love it a lot! I've had no problems with it at all. The glossy finish is so gorgeous. I def. recommend patent!

I have black patent puzzle, bordeaux/wine diamond shine, and 08 Fall Bordeaux Jumbo.....

Year Round - of course... I wouldn't trust myself with lambskin - its quite versatile...

I absolutely LOVE Chanel patent! :love: :love: I have a navy patent Jumbo flap, navy patent E/W, rose patent small classic flap, black patent medium classic flap, Bordeaux goatskin patent Jumbo flap, and a red diamond shine flap (patented caviar). Haha, wow, that's a lot of patent! :nuts: I think patent is timeless and so chic, you really can't go wrong! :heart:

I have two black patent chanels and love them! I think they are def. all year round. I have black patent sandals to match them in the summer..

I saw the classic black patent one in the shop window of the Chanel boutique in Germany (Dusseldorf) a couple of months back, so they were out already I assume, I would call your local boutique about it (they can also have it shipped from other places in europe)