Patent leather flap

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
I think the patent leather is gorgeous and definately year round bag, unless you live in a very hot climate. I think the distressed patent wears better and is less prone to scratches than the regular patent.

KathyD

O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
Mine is white, so definitely summer only. I've carried it a few times, & no problems, but I'm very careful because of dye transfer. I wouldn't wear it with jeans, or a top that I thought would bleed onto it. Here are some pics. It is the Evening Star Jumbo.

Attachments

• Eveningstar21.jpg
    Eveningstar21.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Eveningstar4.jpg
    Eveningstar4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Eveningstar10.jpg
    Eveningstar10.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 79
Dec 3, 2007
I have a black patent jumbo, a white patent E/W, and a white patent M/L flap. Love them all! Since I have both black and white ones, I think I've got my year covered ;)
Black ones are pretty carefree, the white ones though need more attention (e.g. color transfers from clothing, even sun blocks can make the leather yellow :sweatdrop:

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Mine is white, so definitely summer only. I've carried it a few times, & no problems, but I'm very careful because of dye transfer. I wouldn't wear it with jeans, or a top that I thought would bleed onto it. Here are some pics. It is the Evening Star Jumbo.
Thanks for the photo, your white patent is beautiful!

Cheers,

lebagfairy

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
I have the navy patent from ss08. It is by far my favorite bag in my collection, I can't get over the beautiful color and sheen. There have been no issues with humidity or fingerprints. Definitely a year round bag.

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I absolutely LOVE Chanel patent! :love: :love: I have a navy patent Jumbo flap, navy patent E/W, rose patent small classic flap, black patent medium classic flap, Bordeaux goatskin patent Jumbo flap, and a red diamond shine flap (patented caviar). Haha, wow, that's a lot of patent! :nuts: I think patent is timeless and so chic, you really can't go wrong! :heart:

Roxana

♥'s dogs & bags
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I have two black patent chanels and love them! I think they are def. all year round. I have black patent sandals to match them in the summer..

I saw the classic black patent one in the shop window of the Chanel boutique in Germany (Dusseldorf) a couple of months back, so they were out already I assume, I would call your local boutique about it (they can also have it shipped from other places in europe)