Patent Leather Bags - Am I in the Minority??

Candy, thats not true AT ALL!! :confused1:

This past Spring, Tano had 6 other leathers besides crunch. And this Fall they have 5 other leathers. Lenny, a new leather this Fall, is matte and grainy and has become a strong focus of their line.

There's a good reason why Tano has been repeating Crunch season after season for the past 2 years: IT SELLS. People love this leather, and some of the best stores in the country (who dont sell cheap and/or tacky stuff) are selling it like crazy (You are obviously not a fan, and that's fine...to each her own!) It's not as shiny as some people here make it sound. (It's nowhere near a patent leather, for example.) Furthermore, the shine lessens with wear.

Back on topic, I dont like your typical stiff , high gloss patents, but I love the softer, more uneven "crinkle" distressed patents, expecially in unusual colors like brown, wine, green, navy & beige.

-Alexandra
Ah ITA!!! I normally don't like patent, but I recently gave in to a Chanel Luxe Ligne Tote that has a more distressed looking patent. It's not the type of patent where you can see your reflection in it, it's got a slight crinkle. :yes: I made an exception to my general dislike for patent on daily wear bags (IMO, patent is more evening wear -- cluthces). Same as this pic:

attachment.php

:yes:

I HATE shiny leather! I was so sad that Tano has pretty much gone completely over to their ugly crunch leather. It just looks cheap and tacky. =P I'll never understand!

I love patent on MJ, YSL, or M M Kors....but I have to agree with you that tano leather looks tacky! (but the design isn't too bad)

This is the one I'm thinking to get...

Attachments

• korsred.jpg
    korsred.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 44
love love patent leather, from my patent leather Alaia shoes, to the patent leather trim on my Mqueen Novack. Tru its easily mimicked by plastic.Of wich i would rather die than wear.Infact anything man mad including Stella Mcartney pleather. I just wouldnt wear.

I don't care for them either, I think maybe they remind me too much of those horrid little ensembles that were inflicted on all little girls in the 1950s, scratchy crinolines that made the skirts of our scratchy organdy dresses stick straight out like tutus, awful little socks topped with black patent leather maryjane shoes - and of course a tiny shiny matching patent leather bag!

I know it's not an aversion to shininess, because I like metallic bags - including the very shiny ones. In fact my metallic bag is as shiny as they come!

That's the very reason my mom says she hates anything patent. Her mother forced her to wear black patent mary janes, even for Easter, so now she won't buy anything patent. As for myself, there are some pieces that I love that are patent, but I'm not in love with everything I see that is patent, and there are some definite colors that should not be done in patent as they can come off looking cheap.

I like patent leather, especially the textured ones. I recently bought my first patent bag in a textured deep blackberry color and I LOVE IT!! Perfect for rainy weather. That said, my fave leathers are those that have a semi gloss to them. I prefer glossy leathers to matte.

I also adore TANO crunch leather and don't think it's cheap at all. I keep it as shiny as long as possible by conditioning it with mink oil.

I used to feel the same way about patent, but now I am obsessed! I dont' even remember when the change of heart happened but I really love it now.....especially my Lockheart red patent Michelle bag....it is phenomenal

I have three patent leather Goldenbleu clutches and there is nothing cheap looking about them. It's not a thick hard patent at all, very soft and pliable...no fingerprint magnets either.

I love Patent but only in black - I have the YSL downtown in blk patent and it is TDF!!!!!!!! I consider patent leather casual and not at all evening wear. It's interesting how we differ.

I adore patent! I love that it is shiny and usually red or black... so pretty, other colors can be gorgeous too though! However, whenever I buy patent I return it because I don't think it looks right on me lol! It always reminds me of tap dance shoes (I love to tap dance but those patent shoes you have when youre 5 are useless for tapping lol) or patent mary janes. Coach's red patent ergo hobo has got to be one of the most gorgeous patent bags but I don't own one and pond patent just didn't do it for me. Maybe someday I'll find the perfect patent bag for me! I'm open to anything.

I also adore tano crunch leather however... I do not consider it patent at ALL, it is not nearly as shiny as patent and it has texture and you definitely cannot see your reflection in it. I do love matte leather as well but each has its place in my wardrobe!

Love the lipgloss analogy as well.... just a lil extra summin summin ;)

some really are nice..however being that i have experienced a horrible color transfer on a bag that i paid a fortune on and i dont think i will ever use again, i'm turned off to it now.