Patent hobo decision dilemma!

shellyb17

Apr 18, 2007
OK - ya'll are making me want red patent and I think I like the hobo the best. It was lust at first sight when I had her in my hands at the boutique yesterday. DH also wants me to get it (practically insisting-he thinks it's hella sexy) but I have to return my white hippie that I never got to wear, as well as some other new items I just got. My red nappa clip hobo I just won that's not even here yet will have to be relisted at some point too.

So tell me girls...is it worth all this trouble?:graucho: Convince me!

It is so worth the trouble!!! That bag is so gorgeous I don't know what I will do if anything were to happen to my Mahogany Patent hobo. Don't debate over this, return the white hippie. It is nice and I own one in whiskey but you will never love it as much as the red Ergo Patent hobo or get as much use out of it. The leather is soooo soft and pliable. There were only 250
of the red in JAX last Wednesday and this bag will not be going to an Outlet unless someone returns it there.
Just get the bag!!!

Liz,

You're making this ban thing really difficult!:drool: Actually, it's my fault for continuing to read these threads about this great bag.

I agree; I wouldn't hesitate twice on this bag. In fact, I've considered selling some other stuff so I could order this bag during PCE but am still not sure if that constitues a ban break--have to check in with my buddy.

That said, I'd say get the bag. It's gorgeous, will be stylish for years (not trendy, but contemporary) and you've got you DH's support--I'd run with that one!:yahoo:

TejasMama:

You too have made it difficult for me as I think that I am going back to my store on Monday to get the Legacy Slim tote in Natural. My SA at my Coach Boutique advised me that it would be deleted soon. I know it won't make it to my outlet. So I am going to buy it. I think it is really smart and classic looking. You are really lucky to have it in your collection.

Liz

TejasMama:

You too have made it difficult for me as I think that I am going back to my store on Monday to get the Legacy Slim tote in Natural. My SA at my Coach Boutique advised me that it would be deleted soon. I know it won't make it to my outlet. So I am going to buy it. I think it is really smart and classic looking. You are really lucky to have it in your collection.

Liz

Hehehe...we're bad for each other--good thing you don't live in Texas--we'd probably get thrown in Coach jail!:graucho:

I do hope you get the slim tote. I tried to PM you but your box is full--I consider the slim tote one of the greatest bags ever. I know I'll love it ten years from now, just like my ergo tote and hobo. I will say that's one bag worth paying retail for,and if you can get it for PCE, I'd do it!:graucho:

Hehehe...we're bad for each other--good thing you don't live in Texas--we'd probably get thrown in Coach jail!:graucho:

I do hope you get the slim tote. I tried to PM you but your box is full--I consider the slim tote one of the greatest bags ever. I know I'll love it ten years from now, just like my ergo tote and hobo. I will say that's one bag worth paying retail for,and if you can get it for PCE, I'd do it!:graucho:

My PM Box has just been cleaned. I had so much mail last night as I was trying to help someone with an Ali decision to buy or not to buy. You can pm me now.
I am getting the Slim tote, it is a timeless design that trancends fads and what's in fashion.

Shelby,

Please forgive us for that side-street conversation. Back to your hobo, if you don't get it, I will probably cry like a baby. It is the only bag I wish I had bought before publicly declaring my ban.

*I've got a big mouth*....:yes:

Take back the hippie and get some red patent! You won't regret it.

Tejas....bans were meant to be broken :graucho:

In AZ the reds were flying off the shelves last weekend. I got the last red one in my boutique yesterday (except for the display).

Shelby:

Please get the red patent Ergo Hobo, you will not regret it. It is far better to have a bag you truly love than one that you just like or settled for because the price was right. Believe me, I don't settle anymore!!! Please do post pictures if you decide to get the bag modeling it

Liz

OK you enablers - I took the hippie and a few other non-necessities back today and ordered the red patent hobo! I should get it early next week and will definitely post pics when it arrives. Thanks for the feedback!

Congrats on the red hobo!

It had been nearly a year since my last coach purchase--but that red patent stopped me in my tracks. I just bought the hobo today and have the tote on order!