patent garnet question?

I don't know whether this particular bag is authentic or fake. However, a SA at the outlet told me that Coach will be producing a MFF Garnet. HTH.

I've heard the same. However, I went back to look at the listing and the creed starts with "D09". Wouldn't new MFF ones have a "10" after the letter that represents the month?

Sorry, not discounting your post LadyLibra - I was actually excited for a minute. I just happened to notice something I hadn't before.

Last edited:
Ok, the creed on my patent Garnet in Anthracite, which is the same size reads E0973-13926

This cannot be the MFF Garnet because the 09 in the first half of the creed stands for 2009

However, her creed could say 13926 at the end...I would ask her for a better picture of the creed and where she got the bag. I don't recall this color seriously....people on this forum would have bought it....unless perhaps it was a Japan exclusive?

Plus no dustbag, no tags...a little suspect. But if this bag is a fake, I have to say it is a darn good one!!

Last edited:
If that's a fake, it's the best fake I've ever seen. I have 2 garnets-not patent- but the only thing suspect to me is the creed but that could be because it's patent also and the lighting is poor.

I've heard the same. However, I went back to look at the listing and the creed starts with "D09". Wouldn't new MFF ones have a "10" after the letter that represents the month?

Sorry, not discounting your post LadyLibra - I was actually excited for a minute. I just happened to notice something I hadn't before.

No problem. I was thinking the same as you about this bag but just didn't write it. I know this can't be the MFF Garnet because according to the creed it was "allegedly" produced in April 2009. But at the same time, I just wanted to simplify my response by telling the OP that I don't know whether this particular bag is fake or authentic and if she's looking for a Garnet, a MFF version will be arriving at the outlets soon.

thank you for the info. i have had one but ended up exchanging,i like how they look but have had bad luck with my xl rust i had,it had issues with the leather. i may look into the mff when they come out.

HI,
I have seen the regular Purple Garnet IRL, but never the Patent one!! The Regular purple was nice - reminding me of Minnesota Vikings Purple. LOL The Patent Purple looks very lovely!!!

Lynne :biggrin: