Patent crinkled leather - any advice?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

I have seen this gorgeous Somerset shoulder in black patent crinkled leather. It looks really lovely, but when I searched our forum I saw that someone had thought that the leather felt like paper?! And that the leather seemed thin and fragile? Is there someone else who could give me some input on this typical leather?

I want a black everday bag with silver HW and thought this looked nice. Or should I skip it an buy somerset shoulder with regular black leather? Or maybe give up the Somersets and look for a E/W Bayswater in plain black leather insted and forget about silver HW?

Please help me!

/Crazykitten

2. Patent bags are very good normally. Apart from the rouge Noir ones that are terrible for peeling! All you need to do is wipe with a damp cloth to clean, you can get some lack polish to polish the patent leathers up but I find that it tends to cling.
    Wrinkled patent is great leather it wears vet well.

3. The black somerset one you refer to is gorgeous and equally nice in the cherry colour. There are no issues with this leather I have a blueberry mitzy - though the bag you refer to is very light weight and not substantial like the leather mulberrys. Still very nice but if your current experience is with NVT or darwin you will be surprised at the thinness of the bag.

4. Thank you both for your input! So I don't need to be afraid that the leather rips easily or something?

5. I have had. Few wrinkled bags and I I've never had a problem, they are also great in all weathers!
    I had a navy leopard wrinkled patent purse that I used everyday in and out of my bags for over 6 months, and it has no wear to the leather at all :smile: