Patchwork bowler?

snforstuff

Nov 20, 2006
i just bought the patchwork bowler through the bloomingdales sale for about half price. can anyone tell me about the bag? i googled a picture of it online, but couldn't find any more info.

Last edited:
Could it be this?

2957.jpg

i hope so. that was the picture i saw. she said it was in stone and i can't find the color. any idea how it looks? not sure if i love it though since i also managed to get a patchwork stam.

you got it from Bloomingdales? I think the "Bowler" that's on sale is the Mixed Quilt Bowler -- this is the Mixed Quilt Bowler, which originally sold for $1295 -- if you got it for the 30/30/20 d/c, it would have been like $507 (if it was just 30/20, it would be $725) - Does that sound like what you paid?? the PW Bowler was from last fall & I don't think it came in Stone (did it??) -- the one pictured above by wen84 is the PW Bowler from the F/W07 season I actually bought the PW Bowler in January of this year (which I returned), at that time it was already marked down 2x and was $549

BGV05BE_mn.jpg

i can't believe i bought a bag without even knowing how it looks! :wacko: :blush:

i believe lisa said the original price was 1395 and the name is just bowler which was how i came across the bag wen84 found. she said it was stone and described it as a "camel color".

i seriously need to stop reading about these sales.

I guess it's possible that its the PW Bowler -- I bought mine from Nordstroms in January, and like I said, it was already marked down 2x -- I guess it's possible that Bloomie's wouldn't have marked it down back then and is only marking it down now (and maybe it did come in Stone and that color didn't get marked down til now!) -- I just assumed that it was the Mixed Quilt Bowler, since the Rosen and Dash were also on sale and the only other PW bags she mentioned were the Stams -- Look at it this way, it'll be like getting a present -- you won't know what's inside until you open it!!:P:P

i hate surprises! she did say that there was two tone leather so maybe it is the mixed quilt?!?! i spoke to so many sa's today, i honestly can't remember what was said.

I bet it is the Mixed Quilt Bowler -- and I'm pretty sure she said that all the Mixed Quilts had the silver hardware -- do you like that bag?? It's made from that really soft and lightweight leather. Honestly, I like it better than the PW Bowler -- I ended up returning the PW Bowler becuz I didn't like how it looked (it was really puffy and reminded me of a quilted jacket!! altho that Bordeaux is really pretty!) It was also a very snug fit on the shoulder, whereas the Mixed Quilt Bowler has those nice long chains.

i hate surprises! she did say that there was two tone leather so maybe it is the mixed quilt?!?! i spoke to so many sa's today, i honestly can't remember what was said.

^^^ I think you're gonna love the color combo - It should look something like the color in the first, with style like the lavender:

Stone is a Resort 07 color with the gold hardware - Congrats!

Attachments

• Stone dash.jpg
    Stone dash.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Lavender bowler.jpg
    Lavender bowler.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: