Patchwork Bays

tastefashion

♥ Celine ♥ Chanel ♥
Jun 10, 2006
Ok ladies, I've seen this patchwork bays (06 autumn) long time ago and I just love this bag very very much. Recently I won the auction and it's about 285pounds, don't you think the price is reasonable even it's an old old bag?? :confused1:

I have never seen anyone posted this bag or modelling pictures here, anyone got this bag or share your experience??

attachment.php

I just google and found the black one ... it's so beautiful but I have never seen it before.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 15 21.33.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 15 21.33.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 1816.jpg
    1816.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 333
Hi TF

I love these creative designs of the Bays.

IRL Ive seen the Red version of the patchwork/clamshell design and it is gorgeous. Darwin leather and gorgeous.

IRL Ive also seen a peach/brown snakeskin version - the Darwin looks better I think.

Did you win the choc/oak version - thats a great combo.

Its difficult to comment on price - they dont come up very often and its the old adage of "a bag is worth what someone will pay for it".

Having said that, I think to get a good condition darwin Bays for less than £350GBP is a very good deal.

I love the funky-ness of this Bays - I know most people may think it only lends itself to "boho" style but I think its more classic than that.

TF - Before I waffle on anymore (yawn), I think you have chosen a lovely Bays and when do we get to see the photos?

I can't say I'm that knowledgable about Mulberry - Ellie is the woman for the expert's opinion. The bag is lovely and if it's in good condition I would have thought £285 is a good price for it.

Yes, I used to have one (Ratrat you have a great memory) and its the only bag I have ever regretted letting go (although it went to a lovely tPFer). Its hard to comment on price because anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Having said that though I paid more for mine and sold it for more too. Mine was the oak/choc. I've seen the red one too which was gorgeous and in my opinion those are even nicer than the one on Micha Barton.

Hi Tastefashion,
I used to own one of these in the red colour. I sold mine on . She was a lovely bays with an edge, which I like. The reason I sold mine on, is that she was sitting in my wardrobe not getting used.
I think the price is very fair imho.

Ellie, yea I won the chestnut & oak one which is same as the first picture. oh yes I just recall my memory I've seen the snakeskin one!! sure I will post the modelling pictures later ^^

blutcat, I love all of them but I think the black one looks much more boho & unique look.

cmaec, oh I admire you beautiful mulberry collection, you got so many Mulberry!! No wonder your red patchwork bays was just sitting in your wardrobe :P

I love that patchwork Bays, Tastefashion. I personally think you pay good price for that plus the oak/choc combo is much more classic than the one Mischa Barton had.

I got the patchwork bays this morning, as promised here you go the modelling pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought my tooled bays in 2006, and this preloved patchwork also was released at 2006. I love them & they are so classic!

Besides, I found my tooled bays is much more heavier than patchwork bays :P

Attachments

• tpf.jpg
    tpf.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4,222
  • together.jpg
    together.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4,165
I agree - they're both lovely bags. Interesting that the lock on the patchwork is different in design, hadn't noticed that before.
I think you'll get lots of enjoyment out of both - well done!