Passy PM or Classic Chanel Bag? LV vs. Chanel

mylychee

Jan 28, 2009
My 30th birthday is coming up. Yeah...getting to the big 3-0!
Hubster wants to get me a present. I was debating getting an LV Passy PM in Ivory or a Classic Chanel Quilted Bag. I own 3 LVs already but no Chanel.

I like the Chanel bag - timeless. But does it hold much at all? It just drapes over your shoulder or across your chest, right?
And the LV Passy - a great bag. I have been eyeing it for a while...but not sure. It's only a bag you carry by hand and not on the shoulder.

I was thinking of the Chanel bag in black with silver chains.
I don't know too much of Chanel bags except that.

Thoughts?

I would go for Chanel.. I had the same situation as you and I decided on Chanel (metallic blue striped reissue 227) because it can be hand carry, shoulder, cross body... And it actually hold quite a bit for me...

Hahha, yeah. I was thinking I would at least want one Chanel in my lifetime.

Anybody know how much does the classic Chanel bag go for?

I think price is important too.

Chanel bags are quite expensive. And there was a recent price increase.
I think mayority of their classics are $2,000 USD and up.

i think the jumbo flap was around $2800 including tax? i can't remember.... but i know there was a recent price increase, so i'm assuming it's more... :[ you should check up the chanel forum. imo, i feel like LV leather holds up better than chanel leather 'cause i would see the corners of chanel bags get pretty bent up/squished if not taken care of properly.

Chanel, of course. Like you said, it's timeless and a great classic, Chanel also holds its value better. If you go for the reissue (size 227) or 2.55 flap (jumbo or maxi), it can hold quite a bit. It will make a special birthday gift :yes: I love my epi bags but they don't make me feel special the way a classic Chanel does.