Passports

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Has anyone here ever gotten their passport expedited? I just applied for a passport today and paid $60 extra to get it expedited... I also paid $14.40 to send it overnight and another $14.40 to get it shipped to me overnight, but they said it could take 2 weeks to get to me. :crybaby:Is there ANY way I can get it by next week? Or am I just kidding myself?

I used to intern for my congressman (the summers of 1999 and 2000) and the staff there expedited passport applications if the need was serious. Give yours a call and see if they still do that- go to house.gov and do the zip code lookup to see who represents your district and if his/her caseworkers can help you.

Has anyone here ever gotten their passport expedited? I just applied for a passport today and paid $60 extra to get it expedited... I also paid $14.40 to send it overnight and another $14.40 to get it shipped to me overnight, but they said it could take 2 weeks to get to me. :crybaby:Is there ANY way I can get it by next week? Or am I just kidding myself?
i just got my passport last week (had about a 3 week timeframe to get it back before my trip). and i paid for overnight shipping there and back- and got it back in about 8 days.
sooo...you may get it before the two weeks. right now is an off season, so you're lucky. cross your fingers!

This time last year my boyfriend and I had to renew our passports for a trip to Europe and we got them expediated. They came with in 2-3 weeks, which is when we needed them, but I knoew we didn't get them within a week.

Good luck though!! Who knows, maybe they're not as busy this year. Do you need it within a week?

I had mine expidited, however I went into the passport office myself. I had to write a letter explaining the urgency, this was right at Christmastime...anyhoo I was able to pick it up in two days.

I used to intern for my congressman (the summers of 1999 and 2000) and the staff there expedited passport applications if the need was serious. Give yours a call and see if they still do that- go to house.gov and do the zip code lookup to see who represents your district and if his/her caseworkers can help you.

well the need is serious because I want to go to Belize by Friday lol. I don't think they will think it's so serious. =(((

I had mine expedited too before... but I would call. It is busy right now and they don't usually guarantee a delivery date- if you have a trip scheduled and need it ASAP, call and tell them "It is the Holidays... PLLLEAAAASEEE!!

I had mine expedited too before... but I would call. It is busy right now and they don't usually guarantee a delivery date- if you have a trip scheduled and need it ASAP, call and tell them "It is the Holidays... PLLLEAAAASEEE!!

really, would that work??? I don't even know where they sent it though... don't they have a lot of different places to send it? I know nothing about passports!

really, would that work??? I don't even know where they sent it though... don't they have a lot of different places to send it? I know nothing about passports!
well...i went to the post office myself and sent my stuff off. and i'm assuming it all goes to the passport processing in philadelphia. i had tracking numbers for both ways (god forbid something happen to that!)

cross your fingers and hope for the best. mine got sent out the week of thanksgiving and i still got mine fairly quickly- so there's always hope.