Passports

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Has anyone here ever gotten their passport expedited? I just applied for a passport today and paid $60 extra to get it expedited... I also paid $14.40 to send it overnight and another $14.40 to get it shipped to me overnight, but they said it could take 2 weeks to get to me. :crybaby:Is there ANY way I can get it by next week? Or am I just kidding myself?

2. I understand that during the holidays....it takes longer.

3. I used to intern for my congressman (the summers of 1999 and 2000) and the staff there expedited passport applications if the need was serious. Give yours a call and see if they still do that- go to house.gov and do the zip code lookup to see who represents your district and if his/her caseworkers can help you.

4. i just got my passport last week (had about a 3 week timeframe to get it back before my trip). and i paid for overnight shipping there and back- and got it back in about 8 days.
    sooo...you may get it before the two weeks. right now is an off season, so you're lucky. cross your fingers!

5. This time last year my boyfriend and I had to renew our passports for a trip to Europe and we got them expediated. They came with in 2-3 weeks, which is when we needed them, but I knoew we didn't get them within a week.

Good luck though!! Who knows, maybe they're not as busy this year. Do you need it within a week?

6. I also had my passport expedited to me and it got back to me within a week

7. my expediated one took about 8 days too.

8. I've expedited my passport twice in the past. It usually comes within a week to 10 days. It is the holiday season, so it might be delayed.

9. I had mine expidited, however I went into the passport office myself. I had to write a letter explaining the urgency, this was right at Christmastime...anyhoo I was able to pick it up in two days.

10. well the need is serious because I want to go to Belize by Friday lol. I don't think they will think it's so serious. =(((

11. 8 days sound good, but 6 days sounds better.:P I'm crossing my fingers!!!

12. I had mine expedited too before... but I would call. It is busy right now and they don't usually guarantee a delivery date- if you have a trip scheduled and need it ASAP, call and tell them "It is the Holidays... PLLLEAAAASEEE!!

13. really, would that work??? I don't even know where they sent it though... don't they have a lot of different places to send it? I know nothing about passports!

14. well...i went to the post office myself and sent my stuff off. and i'm assuming it all goes to the passport processing in philadelphia. i had tracking numbers for both ways (god forbid something happen to that!)

cross your fingers and hope for the best. mine got sent out the week of thanksgiving and i still got mine fairly quickly- so there's always hope.

15. I was too paranoid to get my passport expedited so I sucked it up and went to the office for the four hour service. It cost me GBP89 ($175) for my procrastination.