Travel Passports....done in a week?

depends....depends on how strong your application is, so you have all the documents they require? also depends on which country you are trying to get Visa from. Some are more strict on their requirements than others. Also, even after they approve for Visa, it is not available for pick up right away..you might need to wait 2 weeks til pick up.

Also depends on what type of Visa you are looking to apply.

Also, some countries require in person appearance..they do not accept agencies or 3rd parties.

What country are you referring to and what type of Visa? More information might help to answer your question.

You'll have to pay more to get it quicker, I think. Visas are a different story. They usually take longer, depending on what country you're going to. If you're an American going to some place like Western Europe, then you don't even need to worry about a visa. Where are you going?

OH...DOH, silly me...OP was talking about Passport,not Visa! LOL!!!!!! Please excuse me! I was having a convo about Visa earlier so I just automatically assumed...time to switch gears! lol...SORRY!

Not a visa, a passport.

I need it soon and I'm scared to send it in for four to six weeks and not get it and i don't want to pay the extra $60 to expedite, if I can guarantee I can do it at the agencys right on the spot, thatd be better.

click through on the link I posted and you'll get a phone number to make an appointment at your nearest passport agency. the phone reps are best positioned to answer your specific questions correctly.

I thought a lot of countries require you to hold onto your passport for 6 months before travel, so even if you get it done in a week, you might want to check with the country you are visiting to make sure that they will allow you to enter if your passport is 1 week old.

Trust me, you will want to expedite it.

Do you have a ticket in hand?

The passport agency can expedite, but make you pay the fee if you can show you need to leave soon.

My TH had extra pages added a few weeks ago. She went on line and booked an international itinerary using miles for eight days out, ticketed it, made an appointment at the Passport Office and they happily took her money and said she would get the extra pages added and sent within a week.

You can also bring a SASE express envelope to expedite the shipping. Remember the expediting covers the processing but not the mailing.

good luck.

I thought a lot of countries require you to hold onto your passport for 6 months before travel, so even if you get it done in a week, you might want to check with the country you are visiting to make sure that they will allow you to enter if your passport is 1 week old.

I've never heard of that before. What I have heard is that many countries have a requirement that there must be a minimum of six months left on the passport before it expires so you can travel on it. Is that what you meant?