Scarves Parures de Samourais colorway advice?

PangurBan

Feb 11, 2013
Hello, all! I rather absented myself from the H world for several years, and when I came back, Parures de Samourais, in all its glory, was loooong since out of stores. :facepalm: I've fallen pretty hard for the two similar colorways cw07 (cream, aqua, coral) and cw12 (the framboise and green), but with the high resale market price, I think I can/should only go for one of them. I prefer the overall lighter feel of the cw07 to cw12's comparative moodiness, but the greens of cw12 place it a little closer to my current color comfort zone.

Those of you that have either of these cws, and particularly those of you that have had both, how much wardrobe versatility do you feel you can get from each these? I've been sorting through archive photos for ages, and they're all gorgeous, but I really want to know how often you find yourselves reaching for these colorways? Thank you all so much for your help!

(Pasting @Notorious Pink 's image of the various colorways for reference)

1611674575308.png

Reactions: Notorious Pink
Thank you! My biggest fear is that I will spend so much time tracking down an above-retail scarf and then end up not wearing it :doh: The more neutral colorways are obviously a better bet on the wearability front, but they're effectively unobtainable...

I have 01,02,03 & 05. CW 02 & 03 are subtle/"neutral" IMO whereas 01 & 05 offer the pop of colour I love with my usual "black uniform". Suggest you continue to check out the Clubhouse thread "Ode to PdS" for lots of pictures to be sure of the colourway you want as you will pay a big premium to get this design regardless of the cw.
Right now myscarfrings on ebay (a reliable reseller that I & others on tpf have bought from) has 08 at a "reasonable" (? - at least not too exorbitant) price of $595 usd; link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-HERMES...609470?hash=item447058463e:g:XhwAAOSwtBZf6kIK
Good luck.
Right now I'd love to have the emerald green CSGM in this design - which had very limited distribution. With reseller prices as high as C$4K it will probably be on my wish list forever...

Yep, I'm pretty settled on which colorways I'm drawn to (these two, cw04 and cw05), and I have loved picking through the Ode to PdS thread. My philosophy on scarves is that even though they are art, they're meant to be worn, so anything I bring home has to have a reasonable shot at fitting in with my existing wardrobe. Even though individual mod shots are invaluable for seeing how a color scheme ends up behaving in real life, the new out-of-box photos (as they then were) can't communicate whether the wearer ultimately considers it an "easy" scarf to reach for. I see these two colorways pop up on the SOTD thread less frequently (rarely?), so it seemed some targeted investigation was in order.

Reactions: shrpthorn and keodi
One of my favorite H designs! You're in good company here, I think. I have 4 colorways but not the two you are debating 07 & 12, not 04 & 05, right?). I love them all, and have a few CSGMs, but for the silks I really prefer the depth of color in the background field over the lighter pastels. I'm referring specifically to wearing as opposed to admiring... It's preference, really, skin tone and your wardrobe etc. but for me, the tassels pop more on the darker corners. I have 02 but I almost never wear it, but I wear the others all the time. Yesterday, in fact!

Reactions: PangurBan
One of my favorite H designs! You're in good company here, I think. I have 4 colorways but not the two you are debating 07 & 12, not 04 & 05, right?). I love them all, and have a few CSGMs, but for the silks I really prefer the depth of color in the background field over the lighter pastels. I'm referring specifically to wearing as opposed to admiring... It's preference, really, skin tone and your wardrobe etc. but for me, the tassels pop more on the darker corners. I have 02 but I almost never wear it, but I wear the others all the time. Yesterday, in fact!
Yes, I am debating 07 and 12 here, which is lucky since they seem to actually show up for sale! :lol:

Interesting that the tassels are more pronounced with the more saturated background. There was some discussion on that Ode to PdS thread about the apparent color saturation on the back of the scarf being noticeably lighter than on the front - have you noticed that, or found it bothersome at all?