Part-Time Anthracite, Full-Time Headache

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My recent BAL purchase has been nothing but a headache so far :wacko: I bought a GORGEOUS Anthracite GGH Part-Time....

[​IMG]

...but what you can't see in the pictures (and what I did not realize until I got home) is that the 2 front, center THIMBLES were LOOSE! Like turn-it-360-degrees-loose. After I saw photos of missing GGH's I was not about to risk it! It was the boutique's last so I decided to go for a different colored Part-Time GGH, but realized Anthracite was THE color for me. I went to a different boutique to look for my original choice, and was thrilled to find that all the screws were TIGHT! Happily, I drove home only to see this....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:crybaby:Need I say more? So back it went... now I have to wait until the boutique gets their next Anthracite GGH Part-Time, which at first was expected in a week but now could 'randomly' come between now and 3 weeks :confused1: All this happened in a week, and I have already waited a week for the shipment and don't know how much longer I can wait. This is what initially turned me off about Rebecca Minkoff (ironically, I never had any QC issues with RM but other girls' issues scared me!) I just never expected this from a nearly $2K bag! :wtf: After all the driving, time, and HEADACHES I sure hope this bag will be well worth it, free of defects and problems. END RANT.

2. What is wrong with the bag in the photos? The handles look fine to me.

3. i think the op was refferring to the handles. one is lighter and the other is darker.

4. i think one looks darker than the other

5. Looks like one handle is lighter than the other ...

6. Correct! I understand mismatched panels due to variations in leather ETC. ETC. but I'd at least like my handles to match! :wondering

7. Wow, I didn't even notice it at first! I was looking for defects like gouges, scratches and unraveled lacing.

Yup, mismatched handles would definitely bother me enough to return it for the prices we pay!

8. EXACTLY - for that much money I would like the handles to not look like I am carrying 2 different bags! :weird:

Anyhoo, I HOPE to have good updates with a happy ending. And ladies, CHECK CHECK CHECK those bags carefully!

9. Yikes! I suddenly feel the urge to check the new GGH Part Time that I got over the weekend!

10. Ugh, that drastic of a coloring difference would drive me crazy! I hope the next bag is a keeper!

11. Hopefully your next bag is perfect, because that would bother me to no end!

12. What a sad story :sad:

I hope that your third bag is the perfect one and makes you forget about all the troubles you went through to get it!

13. I'm sorry you have been having such bad experience with buying a new bag - it's supposed to be nothing but fun! Fingers crossed that the next one will be perfect!

14. :>(

15. what's with the QC of bal nowadays...
    good luck babe with the next one!