Part II - My first sale Chanel and DIY project. Opinions on chains please!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Last week I posted when I got my first Chanel which I was lucky enough to find at Neiman Marcus at second cut!

My bag came with a brown strap so I temporarily replaced it with my Rebecca Minkoff MAC strap. I headed to the Garment District this week to check out a couple places to make my own chain strap and so far these are my choices. Which do you think looks the most Chanel-y?

Bag with original strap-
    [​IMG]

DD modeling it with RM strap-
    [​IMG]

My three chain options - which is best?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WWYD?

2. Do you like to carry the bag like a purse or crossbody?

Also, can the RM strap be doubled if and when you want to carry the bag as a purse?

3. 1 or 2 seem the best proportion to the bag. I'd have to see the photos side by side to really choose definitively. 3 is too overwhelming to the bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    chasing my rainbow!

4. Both ways ideally but the RM can only be worn as shown because the clamps do not fit on the giant O rings - so I loop thru them and buckle it into itself. I can wear it a little long on my shoulder or really high up crossbody. I want a chain to look a little more elegant for dressier occasions.

I should have a pic side by side. I'm also between 1 and 2 - I spotted 3 on my way out and took a quick pic. Which would you say looks more authentic?

5. I like 1 or 3.... Just my humble opinion....

6. With the statement in bold in mind, probably 1.

7. #7 Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Personally, I prefer #2. But it's most important which one u prefer since u r the one carrying the bag. And just in case, one day u might want to get a Chanel watch to match your bag, #2 looks most matching to this Premiere watch. :smile:

Also, for consistency in visual impact, i think #2 looks more matching to the rounded edges of the CC logo.

Having said the above, #1 does look dressier than #2.

Attached Files:

8. #2 its rounder which matches the cc better. how will you attach it to the bag?

9. I agree. #2 is perfect. I LOVE your bag, by the way. What a find.

10. I like the last one

11. I like #1. It also looks like it lays flat which might make it more comfortable on your shoulder.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

12. I prefer #1. It seems the most complimentary IMO.

13. I think #1 is more chic.

14. I'd pick #1. :smile:

15. Prefer you first pic. Which chain is the most comfortable on your shoulder?