Part 2, which pen??

puzzlenop

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
Ok so today I asked which agenda, the pomme or T&B mono and everyone said pomme, so I did order the pomme small ring agenda online while that color is still available. This is a gift from my DH for VDay. Now I want a pen but I just cannot (yet) spend $200 for an LV pen. I am still saving for my next bag so any suggestions on a nice pen? I like the Tiffany blue purse pen, but it does not match:sad:

I'm afraid I can't help but I am definitely in the same boat. Nobody makes pens that small (except for LV I think just so they can get more of our money!)

Guess we're all looking for pens LOL! I don't put a pen in the agenda, I just use a pen that sits in the bottom of my purse right now. I don't feel very chic having such a nice agenda and then pulling out my bright blue "this is where I go to the eye Dr." pen! I hadn't yet looked at the LV pens, didn't know they were that much, bummer! I had heard of the Tiffany purse pen, but I have the Amarante agenda and didn't think it would go.....Oh well, maybe someone has a better solution than mine!

How about a Cross 14 kt gold-filled pen for $100 or 18 kt for $130? I have the 18 kt gold-filled one.

Here is the link to get one:

http://www.cross.com/catalog/pendetail.aspx?cat_name=Classic+Century+Pens&id=1502

I like the style and since it is gold filled and not gold plated, it won't rub off. :biggrin:

Here is their history, if you're interested--which is extracted from their website:

A. T. Cross Company History
America's oldest manufacturer of fine writing instruments was established in 1846. Manufacturing in the Providence, RI, facility first was limited to elegantly tooled gold and silver casings for wooden pencils.

With more than 21 registered patents, the A. T. Cross Company soon developed and marketed many important "firsts" in the field of writing instruments. These include the propel-repel mechanical pencil, a forerunner of today's mechanical pencils, and the Stylographic pen, the precursor of the ball-point pen by more than 70 years.

The company was sold in 1916 to Walter R. Boss, who later brought his sons Ellery (in the 1920s) and W. Russell (in the 1930s) into the business. Ellery retired in 1966, and W. Russell, who later retired in 1985, was joined by his sons Bradford in 1958 and Russell in 1961. Cross entered the international marketplace in 1962 and became a public company in 1971.

David G. Whalen became President and Chief Executive Officer in 1999, Russell A. Boss is Chairman of the Board and Bradford R. Boss is Chairman Emeritus.

A. T. Cross headquarters in Lincoln, RI, has been expanded several times to meet international demand for fine writing instruments.

Cross writing instruments are now distributed in more than 140 foreign markets. The company has writing instrument marketing subsidiaries in the U.K., Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Canada.

Products
Cross refillable writing instruments include ball-point pens, mechanical pencils, Selectip rolling ball/porous-point pens, gel ink pens, multi-function pens (including stylus options for PDAs), electronic pens for tablet PCs, and fountain pens.
The proud tradition of innovation and excellence that has marked A. T. Cross for more than 150 years is apparent in our product history, and is clearly reflected in the broad array of writing instruments, watches, and accessories offered by A. T. Cross today.

Quality
"People expect more from Cross," said David G. Whalen, commenting on the quality of A. T. Cross products. This is greatly attributed to Cross' employees, who share in the company's goal of quality in the manufacturing process. Cross allows any employee in production to reject a part or product that appears faulty.

Cross' commitment to its customers extends to its lifetime mechanical guarantee (warranty) on all writing instruments. Any Cross writing instrument returned for service is repaired or replaced at no charge.

Attachments

• Cross pen.jpg
    Cross pen.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Guess we're all looking for pens LOL! I don't put a pen in the agenda, I just use a pen that sits in the bottom of my purse right now. I don't feel very chic having such a nice agenda and then pulling out my bright blue I hadn't yet looked at the LV pens, didn't know they were that much, bummer! I had heard of the Tiffany purse pen, but I have the Amarante agenda and didn't think it would go.....Oh well, maybe someone has a better solution than mine!

:lolots::lolots::lolots:"this is where I go to the eye Dr." pen!

Guess we're all looking for pens LOL! I don't put a pen in the agenda, I just use a pen that sits in the bottom of my purse right now. I don't feel very chic having such a nice agenda and then pulling out my bright blue "this is where I go to the eye Dr." pen! I hadn't yet looked at the LV pens, didn't know they were that much, bummer! I had heard of the Tiffany purse pen, but I have the Amarante agenda and didn't think it would go.....Oh well, maybe someone has a better solution than mine!

Actually, I think the blue Tiffany purse pen goes very well with Amarante.