PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

This is a great idea! 50 was so long ago I can't remember what I did to mark the day. I always say I'm going to do something for an important milestone, but then I never do.
I’m 53, but I cannot remember what I did for 50. . . Probably cook dinner! this week is my 30th wedding anniversary, and we’re vaccinated and relatively careful, so we’re going out to eat. NY is opening up! This weekend we are flying to Santa Barbara for my MIL who has epithelial peritoneal mesothelioma. Afterwards a few days in Amangani in Jackson Hole. Many of my family are in the Philippines in lock down and without access to the vaccine no matter if they have the means. So, I feel very very fortunate.
@foxgal, I love the rainbow hair :biggrin:
@can_do_mom, congrats on finding happiness and love! Your life sounds amazing, and it must be incredible to hand the reins of your business down to your daughter and SIL! You must be so proud of them!
@Cilifene, you are gorgeous with your Celine T.

Last edited:
I’m 53, but I cannot remember what I did for 50. . . Probably cook dinner!
but this week is my 30th wedding anniversary, and we’re vaccinated and relatively careful, so we’re going out to eat. NY is opening up!
@can_do_mom, congrats on finding happiness and love! Your life sounds amazing, and it must be incredible to hand the reins of your business down to your daughter and SIL! You must be so proud of them!

Thank you :wave: Happy anniversary :flowers:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thank you @Cilifene!
It occurred to me as I was reading this thread and the posts on slipped discs and back issues, that I wanted to ask for opinions. I also have slipped disc, spondyosis, sciatica, curvature. . . I just had. Cortisone shot on Friday which really helped. Has anyone here had an epidural? my doctor scheduled me for one on Thursday, but I’m thinking of cancelling (somewhat afraid of it for some reason). I believe the doctors office just wanted me to have another option in case the cortisone shot didn’t help.

• Sad
Reactions: BowieFan1971
Thank you @Cilifene!
It occurred to me as I was reading this thread and the posts on slipped discs and back issues, that I wanted to ask for opinions. I also have slipped disc, spondyosis, sciatica, curvature. . . I just had. Cortisone shot on Friday which really helped. Has anyone here had an epidural? my doctor scheduled me for one on Thursday, but I’m thinking of cancelling (somewhat afraid of it for some reason). I believe the doctors office just wanted me to have another option in case the cortisone shot didn’t help.

Oh no, I’m sorry. So far I’ve not been treated with injections only painkillers. I do have an appointment with a rheumatologist tomorrow though…

I’m 53, but I cannot remember what I did for 50. . . Probably cook dinner! this week is my 30th wedding anniversary, and we’re vaccinated and relatively careful, so we’re going out to eat. NY is opening up! This weekend we are flying to Santa Barbara for my MIL who has epithelial peritoneal mesothelioma. Afterwards a few days in Amangani in Jackson Hole. Many of my family are in the Philippines in lock down and without access to the vaccine no matter if they have the means. So, I feel very very fortunate.
I'm sorry for your MIL. We were just talking about going to Santa Barbara. Many years ago we had a good buffet at a hotel there. We figured it probably isn't open yet. We've been trying to figure out some small weekend trips we can go on.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and your marvelous cuff! We are a year and half away from 40 years.

I'm sorry for your MIL. We were just talking about going to Santa Barbara. Many years ago we had a good buffet at a hotel there. We figured it probably isn't open yet. We've been trying to figure out some small weekend trips we can go on.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and your marvelous cuff! We are a year and half away from 40 years.
Thanks so much! We’ll probably be very low key in Santa Barbara. It just occurred to me that in the post covid world, perhaps buffets may never come back? I hope that you find a few short trips to go on. I know that we just need to get away for a bit to regain some semblance of normalcy! Forty is an amazing milestone! Hopefully by then, the world will be back to normal! Hugs

Gorgeous...love the coat, too :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks dear SQ .. I’m in love with it ..so soft and warm. Mine is the color bone here it is in camel.

11212F00-EA00-4E94-AE1A-CADE2E8627B5.jpeg
67719D69-737F-4178-B0E6-CC0C18809858.jpeg

36046A16-656D-455B-96F4-66F15360FAC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks dear SQ .. I’m in love with it ..so soft and warm. Mine is the color bone here it is in camel.

View attachment 5074925
View attachment 5074929

View attachment 5074930
Love the bone cashmere coat, the LV scarf, the hair, and the red bag pop of color too! Good luck with the rheumatologist tomorrow!

Welcome darling 880...so good to see you here. Don't be a stranger! :hugs:

Reactions: Cilifene
Thank you @Cilifene!
Hello 880! First of all, congrats on your 30th and I just L O V E your anniversary cuff! It is magnificent!!! I've had many back injuries over the years, finally having back surgery at NY Presb. back in 2000, which finally, after PT and really being careful, gave me some relief. Previous to the surgery, I had tried epidurals, but to be honest, they never worked for me and each time, the physician stopped after 2 tries because they weren't giving me any relief. But, each case is different so it's worth giving it a shot (no pun intended).

Love the bone cashmere coat, the LV scarf, the hair, and the red bag pop of color too! Good luck with the rheumatologist tomorrow!

Thanks dear :hugs: ... I guess it went as suspected... just like any old back...spondylosis along with the slipped disc gives pain in the sciatica nerve. The pain is provoked by many hours of standing as I do at work :frown:
It’s back to the physiotherapist with exercises and chiropractor...
And NOT lifting anything heavy ...
I may try massage too and perhaps acupuncture... I still have one more year till retirement ...

Btw... Just got the second shot of vaccine :happydance:

• Love
Reactions: skyqueen and 880
OK...QUESTION...is there an APP for TPF? I would post pics but its a PITA to download onto my laptop so I can share. There used to be an APP....where did it go???
BTW...YoYo is growing in leaps and bounds and feasting on my furniture. He's lucky I love him so damn much!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: skyqueen and 880