PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

So good to hear from you!

That photos of YoYo cracked me up. In the first one he looks like he's saying "Okay… now… how quickly can I chew through this?" But then in the second photo, he's all sweet and innocent. "Who, meeeeeeee?"

:lol:
Truth be told...right after the first pic, he leapt out of the car and I spent half the night at the 24/7 Emergency Vet waiting to see if he fractured his front leg...which Thank God he didn't. When we got home he proceeded destroying and shredding his new Serta Orthopedic memory foam bed and one corner of my china closet. Such fun having a little cute pup! lol

Truth be told...right after the first pic, he leapt out of the car and I spent half the night at the 24/7 Emergency Vet waiting to see if he fractured his front leg...which Thank God he didn't. When we got home he proceeded destroying and shredding his new Serta Orthopedic memory foam bed and one corner of my china closet. Such fun having a little cute pup! lol

He looks adorable though:hbeat:

Update on my navy/red Montaigne bag. I was motivated to carry it again, ever since @Cilifene asked me about it last month. Turns out it's working perfectly at the moment, since I'm only carrying a CC holder rather than a wallet, and very little else. I had forgotten how lightweight it is.

@Cilifene , did you ever find it in the MM size?

No my LV doesn’t have it in stock ...

• Sad
Reactions: ElainePG
He is! An adorable terror!!! lol How are things with you Cilifene? LTNS

I can imagine lol.
I’m keeping myself busy with work - having a slipped disc in the lower back - Selling my apartment and moving to a rented apartment.
Thanks for asking :wave:
I’m exhausted.... excited.... and just want it to be over and done.. moving in next week...

I can imagine lol.
I’m keeping myself busy with work - having a slipped disc in the lower back - Selling my apartment and moving to a rented apartment.
Thanks for asking :wave:
I’m exhausted.... excited.... and just want it to be over and done.. moving in next week...
Oh my! So sorry to hear about your slipped disc. Be careful of it while moving as it's very stressful on your lower back. I should know, I ruptured three discs back in 2000 and had to be operated on. What a way to start a new millennium!!!
Congratulations on your new apartment! That's something I am considering in the near future. My house has way too much room (and too many steps) for one person (and a little puppy)! I'd love to downsize and move to a 55+ community.

Oh my! So sorry to hear about your slipped disc. Be careful of it while moving as it's very stressful on your lower back. I should know, I ruptured three discs back in 2000 and had to be operated on. What a way to start a new millennium!!!
Congratulations on your new apartment! That's something I am considering in the near future. My house has way too much room (and too many steps) for one person (and a little puppy)! I'd love to downsize and move to a 55+ community.

Thanks dear :hugs: I’m doing better today ...first day without painkillers:happydance:

Hi all! Hoping everyone is ok since I haven't seem a post from anyone since the end of March. YoYo sends his love. He's a handful but he's the best thing that's happened to me this year! To keep with the forum rules, I did purchase a Sherpa bag for YoYo two weeks ago. lol View attachment 5061564

View attachment 5061565

View attachment 5061566

Oh I love him! What a great face!

Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures of your new friend!

I love how happy YoYo looks. Just want to smile back through the computer at him.

DH's service dog was stung in the eye by a wasp (we think) the other day. Poor guy's face was swollen and his eye has been swollen shut ever since. We spent all night sitting in the car in the parking lot of the vet school emergency clinic while he was being monitored because of his severe reaction. He's doing much better but is still staggering around from the benedryl and prednisone. DH has been a nervous wreck.

What is a china closet and a memory foam bed between friends? :lol: Glad to hear his leg is o.k.

Oh I love him! What a great face!

Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures of your new friend!

I love how happy YoYo looks. Just want to smile back through the computer at him.

DH's service dog was stung in the eye by a wasp (we think) the other day. Poor guy's face was swollen and his eye has been swollen shut ever since. We spent all night sitting in the car in the parking lot of the vet school emergency clinic while he was being monitored because of his severe reaction. He's doing much better but is still staggering around from the benedryl and prednisone. DH has been a nervous wreck.

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear about your DH's service dog!!! Unfortunately, something like that, is unavoidable but nonetheless tears at your heart. I am glad he is on the mend. Hopefully he'll be back to himself very soon. They are our children, and we do the best for them as they love us unconditionally and we are their only protectors. Sending lots of love and wishes for a quick recovery. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Oh, that must have been so frightening! I occasionally have to take that same combo of benadryl and prednisone, and it makes me stagger around too. Sometimes it's necessary, but wowza. :annoyed: I hope he's better now. That's a lot of stress on you and your DH.

Oh, that must have been so frightening! I occasionally have to take that same combo of benadryl and prednisone, and it makes me stagger around too. Sometimes it's necessary, but wowza. :annoyed: I hope he's better now. That's a lot of stress on you and your DH.

That was very helpful to know that you take benadryl/pred for allergic reactions, Elaine. I insisted that DH take his dog to our regular vet yesterday to be checked out since he didn't appear to be improving. She said the prescribed course of the two drugs wasn't prescribed long enough. So he's back on the drugs for two weeks, and totally zonked. Poor guy. He does seem to be getting better though.

Thank you for asking, dear. :hugs:Things in my personal little neck of the woods have been… complicated. I needed spine surgery in December (in the middle of a pandemic, yet!) but the good news is that it was done by a world-class neurosurgeon up at Stanford, and they had me in & out in record time. Their safety protocols were impressive, and I didn't get C-19 while I was there.

So there's been that. Kind of a lengthy recovery, and physical therapy to start next week, but I haven't able to BLT (bend, lift, twist) for the past 3 months, which puts a cramp in my style and also keeps me from driving. I'm needing to ask for a lot of help from DH, which he's happy to provide, but I really prefer to be independent. :doh:

And then my Mom (at age 96) is needing more & more of my time, energy, and attention. I'm very glad that I'm only 2 blocks away from her, and that the place where she lives allows me to visit (I'm considered a secondary caregiver), but emotionally it's difficult. She's still living independently, in her own apartment, but DH and I can see that there will come a time when she will need to be moved to assisted living within the same place (it's a tiered life care facility). This will be such an agonizing decision, but I really believe it will be sooner rather than later.

Of course, compared to so many in this country (and in the world) we have a lot to be grateful for. I try to remember that.
Wow, @ElainePG It sounds as though it’s been a tough go for a while for you. I’m glad you were able to get the surgery safely and hope that your recovery continues to progress well! ❤️

I understand the care of an aging parent as my mother has been in a nursing home ever since she fell and broke her hip about 18 months ago. She has dementia and doesn’t understand why she can’t go home. It’s very hard.

Thinking of you! ❤️