PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

@skyqueen, LOOK what you made me do.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

First, I've always had a love/hate relationship with vachetta. Too scared to use the new pale vachetta and don't feel comfortable with the new bag look. Feel better when it has turned honey or a little golden.

Here she is - my new to me (quite golden though) Ellipse PM from 2003.

View attachment 4401314

View attachment 4401315
@skyqueen, LOOK what you made me do.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

First, I've always had a love/hate relationship with vachetta. Too scared to use the new pale vachetta and don't feel comfortable with the new bag look. Feel better when it has turned honey or a little golden.

Here she is - my new to me (quite golden though) Ellipse PM from 2003.

View attachment 4401314

View attachment 4401315
I love it! I have been wearing this bag since I got it...not too big or small. Do yourself a favor and buy the long mono strap. Not that expensive and definitely a crossbody. Perfect to use when you ride your bike! :biggrin:
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/adjustable-shoulder-strap-16-mm-monogram-monogram-000664
LV 5.jpg

I used to dye my hair with Clairol. (Which was so much fun. I used to pretend I was a Bond Girl dying my hair in a motel or gas station wash room before dashing off to my next adventure unrecognized. :P ) The color lasted only 6 to 8 weeks--it says so on the bottle--before completely washing out. So when I decided to stop dying there was no grow-out period because all the color soon washed out and I was back to my mousy color in a few short weeks with no trace of ever having been a Bond Girl. Something to think about if you want to cover roots for a short period.
I tried that years ago when I first started dyeing. As I recall, it didn't cover the gray well. My gray is very resistant to dye so I've been using permanent dye all these years. I should buy some and try again just to see.

Reactions: chessmont
I tried that years ago when I first started dyeing. As I recall, it didn't cover the gray well. My gray is very resistant to dye so I've been using permanent dye all these years. I should buy some and try again just to see.

Years ago I read a book by Paula Begoun called something like "Don't Go Hair Care Products Shopping Without Me" in which a large section was devoted to hair dye and all the different sorts. One of the upshots was that for some women, especially those with darker hair and peppery gray, the gray will only be covered if the hair is first bleached and then dyed with a more permanent dye than those found in supermarkets. Strangely Clairol is labeled "permanent dye" although it's far from it.

Love Begoun's books. They've saved me lots of money over the years, steered me away from buying things that don't work.

Years ago I read a book by Paula Begoun called something like "Don't Go Hair Care Products Shopping Without Me" in which a large section was devoted to hair dye and all the different sorts. One of the upshots was that for some women, especially those with darker hair and peppery gray, the gray will only be covered if the hair is first bleached and then dyed with a more permanent dye than those found in supermarkets. Strangely Clairol is labeled "permanent dye" although it's far from it.

Love Begoun's books. They've saved me lots of money over the years, steered me away from buying things that don't work.
My mom got to the point where she had to have her hair bleached in order for the dye to take. That's when she quit dyeing. I think I'm getting close to that point.

I love it! I have been wearing this bag since I got it...not too big or small. Do yourself a favor and buy the long mono strap. Not that expensive and definitely a crossbody. Perfect to use when you ride your bike! :biggrin:
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/adjustable-shoulder-strap-16-mm-monogram-monogram-000664
View attachment 4401567

Wonderful that you’re so pleased with it SQ. I did try my Bal City strap on it but feel it’s a little too bulky crossbody on me. I’ll give the LV strap a try next time I’m near the store :tup:

I love it! I have been wearing this bag since I got it...not too big or small.
Ladies, your Ellipses are driving me crazy. Sooo cute and well made. I've always admired the style and maybe now's the time. What's your thought about the PM vs. the MM Ellipse? Do you find the zip opening generous enough to get your wallet in/out? Does it fit a full-size wallet (like a large Zippy)?

Once in a restaurant I saw a woman with the MM and it was striking too.

Ladies, your Ellipses are driving me crazy. Sooo cute and well made. I've always admired the style and maybe now's the time. What's your thought about the PM vs. the MM Ellipse? Do you find the zip opening generous enough to get your wallet in/out? Does it fit a full-size wallet (like a large Zippy)?

Once in a restaurant I saw a woman with the MM and it was striking too.
I have the PM and I think Cilifene does, too. I can fit my LV Tresor Porte International long wallet which is big plus cheaters, sunglasses, keys, small cosmetic pouch and I still have room for a small water bottle/soft drink can. It was smaller then I thought it would be from the pictures posted but I like the size. Easy to get in/out. I'm 5'10" and it doesn't look too small. The problem is finding one in good condition and of course authentic. I lucked out and found a "like new" one...I don't think it was ever used, just stored. Slight patina but no marks/scuffs. Very well made and all the monograms line up. LOL! If you find/buy one get the long monogram strap...worth it!