PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Don't get me started on the chicken pox!!! I didn't get the chicken pox till I was 56...I'm sure some damn kid on the plane gave it to me! Actually not that bad so it must have been a mild case. Before my luck runs out I'm thinking of getting the shingles shot. :yucky:
On a happier note I just ordered this faux fur......
https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/1086745/Fuzz_Not_Fur/snow-knight-faux-fur-coat
This is gorgeous! With your coloring, it should look spectacular. And your height, I should add. No way I could pull this off... I'd look like a walking bathmat! :lol:

How will you style it? Suede boots?

This is gorgeous! With your coloring, it should look spectacular. And your height, I should add. No way I could pull this off... I'd look like a walking bathmat! :lol:

How will you style it? Suede boots?
I'm thinking of pairing these boots, in the wood color, with it. 2.5" heel which I'm worried about but they should look good color wise.
Terrible about the wild fires...sending prayers for people/animals.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/via-spiga-nair-knee-high-boot-women/5045722?origin=shoppingbag

I'm thinking of pairing these boots, in the wood color, with it. 2.5" heel which I'm worried about but they should look good color wise.
Terrible about the wild fires...sending prayers for people/animals.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/via-spiga-nair-knee-high-boot-women/5045722?origin=shoppingbag
They look good.
Yes, the wildfires in the North and the south are very frightening. We're even getting some smoke here, and we're hundreds of miles away from all the fires. So many lives lost, and so much property destroyed... terrible.

They look good.
Yes, the wildfires in the North and the south are very frightening. We're even getting some smoke here, and we're hundreds of miles away from all the fires. So many lives lost, and so much property destroyed... terrible.
Elaine, I’m so sorry the wildfires have been so terrible again this year. It’s devastating how many lives have been lost! I pray your beautiful state will receive rain and that the fires will abate quickly with no more lives lost. Stay safe out there! :heart:

I haven’t been around much lately because of moving from our current home into our new one. I had forgotten how much work moving was but have been reminded! Oof!

We have not had cooperation in the weather department, unfortunately, although we got all the big items moved before the rain hit. Now it’s bitterly cold and we have snow on the ground.

Every day I work as hard as I can but still have so much to do. Downsizing is hard. Everything is smaller so I have had to let go of things. In the end, I know it will be worth it and so I just keep plugging away.

I have made numerous trips to our local library and goodwill, making donations. And I see many more donation trips in my future!

I managed to find a home for our grand piano. Our local school took it and they are going to put a plaque on it in honor of my husband.

I have not had to replace any furniture, which is nice. I really liked what we had and much of it fits in quite well here so that is good. When we are settled I will post some pics!

I haven’t been around much lately because of moving from our current home into our new one. I had forgotten how much work moving was but have been reminded! Oof!

We have not had cooperation in the weather department, unfortunately, although we got all the big items moved before the rain hit. Now it’s bitterly cold and we have snow on the ground.

Every day I work as hard as I can but still have so much to do. Downsizing is hard. Everything is smaller so I have had to let go of things. In the end, I know it will be worth it and so I just keep plugging away.

I have made numerous trips to our local library and goodwill, making donations. And I see many more donation trips in my future!

I managed to find a home for our grand piano. Our local school took it and they are going to put a plaque on it in honor of my husband.

I have not had to replace any furniture, which is nice. I really liked what we had and much of it fits in quite well here so that is good. When we are settled I will post some pics!
Good luck and stay strong!

Reactions: can_do_mom

It sounds like a superhuman (superwoman!) effort, CDM. I love that you were able to find a home for the grand piano... what a wonderful tribute that the school will put a plaque on it to honor your husband. I can just imagine generations of students sitting at that piano, seeing his name.

Your first Thanksgiving in your new home... it will a day filled with both laughter and tears, I am sure. :hugs:

They look good.
I hate to watch the news...so many poor souls wiped out. Mother Nature can be a b!tch!
I got my gorgeous coat from NAP...the color was perfect but the size was off. I wanted an oversized coat and this one was more fitted.
The search continues..............

I hate to watch the news...so many poor souls wiped out. Mother Nature can be a b!tch!
I got my gorgeous coat from NAP...the color was perfect but the size was off. I wanted an oversized coat and this one was more fitted.
The search continues..............
Sorry the size didn't work. It's so hard to find clothes on line! You & I have the same problem: we live miles away from decent shopping! :giggle:

Reactions: skyqueen