PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Hello Ladies!
I haven't had much free time lately so I've been absent but I see this thread has been quiet lately anyway. Let's liven it up! I will try to keep my update brief as I tend to ramble on...

The house still is unsold but the showings have picked up since I dropped the price. The appraisal came back a little lower than expected so the price drop is commensurate with that figure. Hopefully that will stir some interest. My agent is holding an agent open house here tomorrow and perhaps getting it seen by other agents will also help. I will be interested in the feedback they give. Meanwhile, I have been hard at work with small projects around here: cleaning, purging, painting touch ups (exterior only) and preparing for an online auction. The auction company was here last week going through items in the shop that we will be selling. I was up to the cabin and brought back our snowmobiles which are being sold. I have also sold both Polaris RZRs and one Kubota tractor. The tractor had an issue with the mower deck and I am probably too nice but my nephews will be fixing it for the buyer. I'm SO tired of repairs on equipment. UGH.

The new house is coming along. I met with the landscapers to discuss where I want to put the trees they are planting. We have a rough idea now. They are also putting in a patio with pavers and a large fire pit and seating area. I am getting a fountain for the landscaping by the front entry. And window boxes. They will dress up my new little home. When things are a little more complete I will post a few photos.

My children and I went to a wedding last weekend. We are good friends with this family. It was a nice evening but hard. Both daughters struggled with some of the father/daughter moments. Even so, I am glad we went. At one point, everyone was given giant sparklers and made an arch for the bride and groom to pass under. :heart:

Mzi%n5RtSg2ApLB393NxZQ.jpg

Do you remember my promise about making the collection call? Well, I still haven't done it. Ugh. But I did make another call that was hard. I called a woman who makes memory quilts. I want her to make four memory quilts for us. One for each of the children and one for me. For her to do this I need to gather dh's clothing and bring it to her. That means bringing his clothing home from the cabin too. I did not want to move all his clothing to the new house so this is something I've been meaning to do but it will be hard. I'd like them for Christmas and we are already cutting it close.

One other thing. I think I mentioned on here that I love to bike and had bought a beautiful new road bike this spring. In my busyness, I did not get on my bike all summer but changed that last week. I have been riding every two or three days and it is an amazing stress reliever. I love to get out and ride challenging terrain that includes monster hills that leaves me utterly worn out when I return. My times are already improving. Today I was racing to get back before a storm hit which made for my fastest time yet! As I was biking and breathless, a mailman pulled up beside me. I was so breathless I couldn't speak but he warned me that a huge storm was coming. LOL, I think he thought I was crazy. I probably am. :lol:

That's it from here. Hope all is well in all your corners of the world!

Since I have been on this thread so long, most of you know I have two Boston Terriers, Pippin and Izzy. Pippin came to me just after my Mother died, so he has always been very special to me. Plus he was such a little gentleman he found a place in the heart of everyone who knew him.
Due to complications from inflammation of the brain, he went into a seizure which was beyond serious so I had to decide to let him go out of love. I would not let him suffer. It broke my heart. My husband was in another country and it was difficult to call him with the news. I am thankful for the veterinary doctor who stayed with me during the final hour as her comfort and professionalism meant so much. A picture of Pippin and me.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 234
Since I have been on this thread so long, most of you know I have two Boston Terriers, Pippin and Izzy. Pippin came to me just after my Mother died, so he has always been very special to me. Plus he was such a little gentleman he found a place in the heart of everyone who knew him.
Due to complications from inflammation of the brain, he went into a seizure which was beyond serious so I had to decide to let him go out of love. I would not let him suffer. It broke my heart. My husband was in another country and it was difficult to call him with the news. I am thankful for the veterinary doctor who stayed with me during the final hour as her comfort and professionalism meant so much. A picture of Pippin and me.
Just heartbroken for you, Izzy...I know how much you loved Pippin. :heart:
As you said, you did the right thing out of love...and you did. Sending love, thoughts and prayers your way:hugs:

So sorry for you, Izzy! It is so difficult losing a beloved pet.

Reactions: Izzy48
I'm so very sorry, Izzy. This was the loving thing, but oh, so difficult.

Dear Izzy,
I am so sorry at the loss of your beloved Pippin. If it brings you any comfort, Pippin could not have asked for a better home. He was loved like only your family and his sweet Izzy could love him. That is the greatest gift you can give to a pet. Another gift is knowing when to let go. It was the kindest thing to say good bye and let him go so that he wasn't suffering anymore.

Much love to you. :heart:

Reactions: Izzy48 and ElainePG
I'm so sorry, Izzy. :heart: They never leave our hearts or our minds do they? I lost my basset hound a year ago and I'm still not "over it" whatever that means. I still miss him. You gave him a wonderful life, you both loved each other very much and those are the only things that are important in life. Please be good to yourself and give yourself time to grieve. I'm so very, very sorry.

Hello Ladies!
I haven't had much free time lately so I've been absent but I see this thread has been quiet lately anyway. Let's liven it up! I will try to keep my update brief as I tend to ramble on...

The house still is unsold but the showings have picked up since I dropped the price. The appraisal came back a little lower than expected so the price drop is commensurate with that figure. Hopefully that will stir some interest. My agent is holding an agent open house here tomorrow and perhaps getting it seen by other agents will also help. I will be interested in the feedback they give. Meanwhile, I have been hard at work with small projects around here: cleaning, purging, painting touch ups (exterior only) and preparing for an online auction. The auction company was here last week going through items in the shop that we will be selling. I was up to the cabin and brought back our snowmobiles which are being sold. I have also sold both Polaris RZRs and one Kubota tractor. The tractor had an issue with the mower deck and I am probably too nice but my nephews will be fixing it for the buyer. I'm SO tired of repairs on equipment. UGH.

The new house is coming along. I met with the landscapers to discuss where I want to put the trees they are planting. We have a rough idea now. They are also putting in a patio with pavers and a large fire pit and seating area. I am getting a fountain for the landscaping by the front entry. And window boxes. They will dress up my new little home. When things are a little more complete I will post a few photos.

My children and I went to a wedding last weekend. We are good friends with this family. It was a nice evening but hard. Both daughters struggled with some of the father/daughter moments. Even so, I am glad we went. At one point, everyone was given giant sparklers and made an arch for the bride and groom to pass under. :heart:

View attachment 4195867

Do you remember my promise about making the collection call? Well, I still haven't done it. Ugh. But I did make another call that was hard. I called a woman who makes memory quilts. I want her to make four memory quilts for us. One for each of the children and one for me. For her to do this I need to gather dh's clothing and bring it to her. That means bringing his clothing home from the cabin too. I did not want to move all his clothing to the new house so this is something I've been meaning to do but it will be hard. I'd like them for Christmas and we are already cutting it close.

One other thing. I think I mentioned on here that I love to bike and had bought a beautiful new road bike this spring. In my busyness, I did not get on my bike all summer but changed that last week. I have been riding every two or three days and it is an amazing stress reliever. I love to get out and ride challenging terrain that includes monster hills that leaves me utterly worn out when I return. My times are already improving. Today I was racing to get back before a storm hit which made for my fastest time yet! As I was biking and breathless, a mailman pulled up beside me. I was so breathless I couldn't speak but he warned me that a huge storm was coming. LOL, I think he thought I was crazy. I probably am. :lol:

That's it from here. Hope all is well in all your corners of the world!

Your family is great looking! Love the look on Leah's face!

Reactions: can_do_mom